PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo Autogas conversion

Sculptured Box
22nd November 2008, 08:56 PM
Hi

Anyone done a Autogas/LPG conversion on a '06 Rodeo - diesel to LPG? If so, what were the cost and benefits?

Gaza
23rd November 2008, 02:30 PM
i brought a 05 that had the concersion done,

it drives bit like a slug on gas, my needs the gas serviced as the air to gas ratio is not right.

i have been driving on petrol lately.

on gas i can drive from northern beachs on sydney down to canberra and around for a few days before filling up for a cost of 50 or so bucks.

depends what it cost to get the conversion done,

i am about to buy a new ute and if i get a hot deal on a petrol i would do the conversion my self.

Jim Carroll
23rd November 2008, 03:47 PM
Tony there is a deisal/ gas set up you can get that improved the economy and performance of the deisal.

There was a thread on this somewhere or if you google you will find more info, from what i remeber it will cost about $4500.00

From all acounts a good setup.

Vernonv
24th November 2008, 09:59 AM
My understanding of diesel/LPG conversions is that the vehicle still runs on diesel but with LPG added (not sure where the mixing occurs). This is supposed to provide more power and slightly better economy (fuel bill saving) ... but nowhere near the economy (fuel bill saving) of a normal petrol to LPG conversion (where the vehicle can run on solely on LPG).

As the fuel bill saving is a lot smaller than that of the normal petrol/LPG conversion, I would look more closely at the payback period.

Big Shed
24th November 2008, 10:09 AM
Here is some info on diesel/lpg conversions (http://www.just4x4sales.com.au/lpg_for_diesel_engines.htm).

A quick google (diesel lpg site:au) will gie heaps more.

There are quite a few diesel trucks now using the lpg injection method, apparently with good results.