PDA

View Full Version : New member - Wang

Martin2121
25th November 2008, 09:23 AM
G'day all. I live in Wangaratta which is way too far from the beach but fortunately we have the Murray not too far away as well as Lakes Buffalo and Mulwala. So, I have decided to build Ken Bassett's runabout. I built a kayak as a kid and got the bug then I guess. Now I'm a big kid and it's time to build a boat! Looking forward to reading all the stuff here and learning some new skills.

Marty.

jerryc
25th November 2008, 09:25 AM
Martin,

Welcome aboard.

The way things are going on the Murray don't you think it might be a good idea to fit wheels to the boat you are building?

Jerry

munruben
25th November 2008, 11:54 AM
Hi Marty, Nice part of the country where you live. I spent a lot of time around Chiltern many years ago. Was staying there when my daughter was born in the Wodonga hospital. Welcome to the madhouse. :)

Ed Reiss
25th November 2008, 12:21 PM
Welcome Marty!

Woodwould
25th November 2008, 02:16 PM
Welcome aboard! :2tsup:

Geoff Dean
25th November 2008, 04:13 PM
Marty, 2 good things about Wangaratta - the road north and the road south.:D

PS. I was born in Wang and spent 23 yrs there, hopefully you don't have to spend as long.:p

checkerflight
25th November 2008, 08:11 PM
hello martym welcome mate from a new member also hope you have fun..good one geoff about the road north /south cheers from grandad / peter

checkerflight
25th November 2008, 08:13 PM
marty sorry about my spelling god i really do need to do this with glasses. cheers peter

Martin2121
25th November 2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Hey Geoff, my missus comes from Wodonga and even she wouldn't live there.:wink: By the time I get my boat finished there might be enough water in the weir too.

artme
26th November 2008, 03:11 AM
G´day Martin and welcome to our slightly realistic version of a twisted world.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

As for you other blokes_
Wotsthematta
with Wangaratta?

budgieman
26th November 2008, 06:56 PM
With glasses or without wine? Hmmm! I no wit me its the whine!
Cheese
Steve

budgieman
26th November 2008, 07:04 PM
Hi Martin,
Us apprentices have to stick together. These guys are very quick witted and may ask us to go to the hardware to buy tent peg holes! As for the boat, you've planted a seed of divorce in my mind. Will look at this as a project to keep me in the shed. Just picked up a half sunken boat off our friend's jetty. Going to plant it on it's end, add some plumbing and make an outdoor shower. Different?
Cheers
Steve

artme
26th November 2008, 10:32 PM
You are a devious man budgie.!:D:D:D

Wood Borer
26th November 2008, 10:38 PM
Welcome to the Bulletin Board - you are just up the road and round a few bends from us.:2tsup:

Geoff Dean
27th November 2008, 07:42 AM
As for you other blokes_
Wotsthematta
with Wangaratta?

It exists...it shouldn't. :rolleyes::D