PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new one

dai sensei
28th November 2008, 10:00 PM
I woke to find one of the tyres on the car and another one on the trailer flat this morning :?. I pumped them up and headed for the local tyre place. The one on the car had a puncture and the trailer tyre had a leaky valve. But, all the trailer tyres (incl spare) were perished and cracked and ready to be replaced :(. Given the trailer is also looking pretty sick with rust in places :-, I decided it wasn't worth me buying new ones for it as I was intending to buy a new trailer anyway.

I need to carry a big load of timber tomorrow, so I called in at a trailer builder down my way I have been looking at for a while. I would like a real big one, but 4' wide is as big as I can store, and the car's tow bar also has its limit. So I went for a 7x4 gal trailer with framed removeable sides and gates 1200 high. Basically the same as my old one, just a bit longer. It came with 12 months rego and 3 brand new tyres. Just have to make a top frame and a new canopy now.

Anyone want a steel framed 6x4 trailer for $150? Yes it needs new tyres and a bit of work, a new floor plate and some patching, but the 1200 removeable framed/mesh sides and the heavy PVC canopy is still in reasonable nick.

Tonyz
4th January 2009, 09:15 PM
Just seen this. Yeah I'll pay $150 you pay the freight to SA:D

Wongdai
4th January 2009, 11:59 PM
It's a bargain at that price. The frame, hitch, stub axles, springs, etc would be worth much more than that.

dai sensei
5th January 2009, 10:40 PM
It's a bargain at that price. The frame, hitch, stub axles, springs, etc would be worth much more than that.

Yep - Sold to a fellow forumite.

Wongdai
6th January 2009, 02:42 PM
Well done!