PDA

View Full Version : And no tape recorder........

Carry Pine
29th November 2008, 09:50 PM
I have a flat bar road bike that does me well and I'm thrilled with it but you can't help looking at those whiz bang drop bar road bikes!

Last week I broke a spoke for the second time in 3 months. Told the finance minister.

Statement 1: 'You probably need a bike with higher quality wheels and frame.'

Went to the bike shop where they told me I could put wider tread tyres on the road bike and use it on dirt roads if I ever wanted to get another road bike. Went home and explained that fact and that the wheels could be swapped over depending on what I was doing.
Statement 2: You wouldn't want to be fiddling around with wheels. You probably need 2 bikes!

And me without a tape recorder!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry Pine

I_wanna_Shed
29th November 2008, 10:22 PM
Geez! There's got to be a trick in there somewhere... buggered if I can see it though! These ladies are getting cleverer and cleverer. Maybe they are just picking up on the tricks we use and are getting us back!

tea lady
30th November 2008, 09:57 AM
Stashed away for when she needs something!!!:D

Carry Pine
30th November 2008, 06:53 PM
Hey wait a minute. I'm going to be the winner out of all this.... aren't I?

Graham

Clinton1
30th November 2008, 09:43 PM
no

Mulgabill
2nd December 2008, 08:21 PM
:no: I wouldn't count on that Carry. There could be a hidden agenda by the other gender!!

corbs
2nd December 2008, 09:04 PM
Better make the second bike a good one as its going to cost you:;

fenderbelly
3rd December 2008, 04:22 PM
Mate you have absolutely no idea what your walking into.

Be very wary if she offers to buy you panniers and back packs and such.

In the next couple of weeks listen closely to all the hints that will be coming your way

on the other hand you may be lucky and nawwwww thats not gonna happen.

Cheers Fred

Carry Pine
3rd December 2008, 08:24 PM
Yeh well how much do I owe this Forum?

After interpreting the comments as 'Go and get what you want' I have done nothing. I let the comments simmer and have said nothing. But guess what?

On the weekend, daughter asks us how much we would back her if she bought 'a place?' Ding Ding! 58 y.o but not such an easy catch!

Replied with ( now you just can't say No! can you?) we would be prepared to back you but at the moment could only go to 10K. Lead balloon stuff. But like I'm not a welfare agency and i had been warned (on the Forum). Worked well i thought. (Still No.1 with 2nd in charge.) It's not as if i rejected the offer but I'm not mortgaging my life (what's left of it) on some city cockroach nest.

Thanks guys and gals.
(PS bike in pipeline.)

Graham