PDA

View Full Version : Big for me

Ray153
30th November 2008, 04:19 PM
Not nearly as big as some of the stuff others have posted but it is one of the bigger projects I have done. Normally do small boxes and turned stuff....

Top and legs are Celery Top Pine and the ends and feet are Myrtle Burl and just plain Myrtle for the aprons and the stretcher between the feet. Danish Oil and hand buffed wax finish.

Wood Borer
30th November 2008, 05:25 PM
Nice table Ray, you must be pleased with the fine work you have put into it.:2tsup:

artme
30th November 2008, 07:04 PM
Nice one Ray.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Love the contrasting Tassie timbers. The CElery top has com up really well.

Claw Hama
30th November 2008, 07:29 PM
Quite a different leg and foot design, don't think I have seen anything quite like that before. Is it your design or did you find it somewhere? Nice work Ray.

Pops
30th November 2008, 11:54 PM
Hi Ray,

Yep, one very nice table there. Beautiful slab of Celery Top Pine. I like the contrast in timber colours too. :2tsup:

Cheers
Pops

Ray153
1st December 2008, 05:13 PM
Claw,
I worked with the dimensions of the stock I had on hand, it all came back to the dimensions of the piece I had for the top. As for the design, I just worked out a few back of the envelope sketches and went with what looked best in my head.

I would have prefered to put a H shape stretcher between the legs as I was concerned about the legs bowing with the weight of the top but I did not have any suitable wood and I did not want to introduce a third species into the piece.

The feet are just cut at a 10 degree angle as I wanted something a little different than a plain rectangular foot. Well chuffed with how the feet came out

Quite a different leg and foot design, don't think I have seen anything quite like that before. Is it your design or did you find it somewhere? Nice work Ray.