PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone amke me a wooden dolls house or recommend someone???

alimaree
1st December 2008, 06:49 PM
I am leaving this way too late for xmas but I am after a dolls house but not any dolls house one that can stay in the family and my girl can give to her girl and so on..
I had a huge wooden one when I was younger and sadly sold the house when I was in my teens.
I have searched for one for a while I live on south coast is there anyone that is close but that could make on or reccomend anyone

cheers

Ali

Mark007
29th December 2008, 08:22 AM
I am leaving this way too late for xmas but I am after a dolls house but not any dolls house one that can stay in the family and my girl can give to her girl and so on..
I had a huge wooden one when I was younger and sadly sold the house when I was in my teens.
I have searched for one for a while I live on south coast is there anyone that is close but that could make on or reccomend anyone

cheers

Ali
im looking into building one myself would you like me to let you know how it goes? or have you found a set of plans already if so where did you find your plans?

my email is [email protected]

mikm
29th December 2008, 08:42 AM
I dont want to discourage you, but to get an heirloom quality piece you can pass onto the grandkids is going to take a lot of hours of hours to build, sigificantly lightening your wallet at developed country rates of pay. Since your own time is free, have you considered having a go at it yourself? The personal satisfaction would be huge.
Cheers,
Mick

Mark007
29th December 2008, 11:59 AM
I have downloaded some free plans and will be building my own. I have never built one before however i have just finished building a boat from plans i bought on the net. other than that i am still learning new tricks of the trade. i will probably try a night time course in woodwork at the local tafe to learn a few more tricks. (it's really an excuse to buy and use more tools and improve my shed lol)

cadeuceus
30th December 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Ali and Mark, I thought that I might offer my services. I make wooden toys for kids and it all started with me making a dolls house for my daughters third birthday. Since then I have made about a dozen houses and other assorted toys.

Please go to my website (www.toycarpenter.com.au) and have a look at the house that I made Isabella. If you click on the house, it will take you to the catalogue page and then you can go down to the dolls house page.

This house has a unique plan that I came up with to allow my daughter to get at from all angles as well as several children to play at the same time.

I can make this or can make other styles that are more traditional, depending on what you want. Let me know if you want to go further and we can discuss more specific detail such as size and colour etc.

Thanks Gavin (the Toy Carpenter)

Chipman
30th December 2008, 10:25 PM
Hi Ali and Mark, I thought that I might offer my services. I make wooden toys for kids and it all started with me making a dolls house for my daughters third birthday. Since then I have made about a dozen houses and other assorted toys.

Please go to my website (www.toycarpenter.com.au (http://www.toycarpenter.com.au)) and have a look at the house that I made Isabella. If you click on the house, it will take you to the catalogue page and then you can go down to the dolls house page.

This house has a unique plan that I came up with to allow my daughter to get at from all angles as well as several children to play at the same time.

I can make this or can make other styles that are more traditional, depending on what you want. Let me know if you want to go further and we can discuss more specific detail such as size and colour etc.

Thanks Gavin (the Toy Carpenter)

You have some great stuff there!

Good to see quality wooden toys

Cheers,

Chipman

cadeuceus
30th December 2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks Chipman, I enjoy making the toys. I would really like to have a shop one day to sell from but at the moment it is just a side line from my normal job. One day maybe it might build up to something.

Thanks again, Gavin

bpj1968
5th January 2009, 09:59 AM
If you come up with some plans for this style I would be interested. My wife wants to buy one of this type, but all the ones I've seen have pretty average finish quality.
Pic comes form http://www.thedollhouse.com.au/online/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=159 ($625 in kit form.)

Or you can buy the aparts you want, but at $15+ for each door/window, it adds up quickly

Another source for parts.
http://www.dollhouseattic.com/index.htm

http://www.thedollhouse.com.au/online/images/grange.jpg (javascript:window.close())

AUSSIE
5th January 2009, 10:24 AM
This member hasn't logged on since 1st DEC

Mark007
5th January 2009, 10:41 AM
I have found one set of plans try and google the The woodcrafter page it's pretty good an i think we are looking for the same thing. It's not a bad website if you dont mind working from ft & inches as it is an american website (the plans are pretty good though) and once you get going you could probably modify it to suit.

http://www.thewoodcrafter.net/proj/p40.php

ive printed off a set of plans ( they have about 3 you can download for free and the rest you have to buy)

my email is [email protected]

good luck