PDA

View Full Version : Ci1 discount deal for forum members

regulated
6th December 2008, 10:07 PM
Hi all,

Craig from Easy Wood Tools, designer of the Ci1 roughing tool and RBTCO from the forum have struck up a deal to purchase a bulk lot of Ci1 tools at a discount rate for forum members. I have offered to pay Craig the full amount and distribute them. I am after expressions of interest so I don't get stuck with tools that no one wants. Even with our current A$ situation it is a very good deal given the discount Craig has given us (I think it is around 28%, our dollar would have to get back to around 90 cents i think to match the discount).

Items included are listed below. Price will be TOTAL AU$241.17 with yesterdays exchange rate. Note no handle is supplied to save costs and most of us would prefer to make a stronger one out of local hardwoods.

Pasted below is the deal struck up by RBTCO and also links to the thread where it was discussed.

Hi everyone,

I have some great news from Craig,

He has provided me with his offer, only because I initiated this idea, he is aware that maybe someone else will take over.

The idea was for someone to invest on a minimum of 10 x Ci1 tool sets, pay Craig, have then send here, and then distribute to those interested. Craig appear receptive to offer a complete Ci1 too set to this person, for the trouble...!

Now, I'm giving the opportunity for someone to be in this position and get a free tool, but only if he/she invests and purchase 10 sets to Craig. This investment as per yesterday currency is of AU$2,311.17 ,(USD$1,494.70).

The first person who showed some interest in take charge is regulated, so if you forumate, still willing to invest this amount immediately, you can have it...!:D
If you are not in the position to do so, I would like you to confirm either here or by PM, otherwise the opportunity will continue on offer for a few more days.

After that, and if no one wants to do it, I will then take charge on the principal that I will accept payment of the amount for each toll set + freight inside Australia and I will gather the amounts until all 10 sets are sold, I will then be in the position to send full payment to Craig and have him to send the tools, which I will then rap & post to each buyer.

OK, ATTENTION MEMBERS, the deal is this;

1 x Complete Ci1 tool set composition

* - 1 x Ci1 Easy Rougher shaft (only).
* - 1 x Ci1 Lexan chip deflector
* - 2 x Inserts square
* - 2 x Inserts R4 (4" radius)
* - 2 x inserts R2 (2" radius)
* - 2 x Insert screws
Note: No handle

Cost of AU$ 231.17 + $10 postage and handling inside Australia = TOTAL AU$241.17 delivered to you door...!:roll::q:) ( a discount of USD$58.92 = AU$ 91.51). A similar based discount will also apply for orders of inserts for forum members, as needed.

OK, this is the deal. and this is what everyone will be charged if they want one, regardless if is going to be done by me or someone else. I've just made the list of what I believe the tool set should have as a good starting point.

The intention is to bring some of these tools into Australia, directly from the tool maker, for the best price possible, before Craig will find a importer/distributor for these items here in the land of OZ.

I know well what is involved and the cost to get all the components to copy one of these tools, therefore I believe you can save yourself lots of troubles by just buying one. I am also and specially thinking of those without the skills, tools and time to copy this tool, making any possible attempt a "dangerous and ineffective" one so, this is the best deal possible at the moment for everyone!

Now, is all up to you...!:D

Tell us what you think!

PS: the original discount amount was USD$ not AU$ as it is now, sorry!

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO Original thread
http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=81452&page=9

Thanks to RBTCO for all of the leg work on this. It is a good deal and it will be interesting to see how much interest there is. Brissy members can save on the postage if you want to pick up the tool from my place or if I am around your way I may be able to drop it off.

BJ

regulated
7th December 2008, 08:06 AM
Ok everyone,

Craig has also extended the offer to include the Ci2 tool. And you can order what you actually need or want i.e. if you only want a a Ci1 tool and one tip thats all you need to get. Discount if you work it out is 30%. You can view all the pics, videos and literature about this product at http://www.easywoodtools.com/.

A rough breakdown of the prices are listed below including discount. Note they are in US$. I will convert the prices to A$ soon but that will change every day so it won't be accurate.

Ci1 tool unhandled= $69.30
Ci1 Handled= $88.77
Ci1 Deflector= $17.47
Ci1 Carbide Inserts=$9.79
Ci1 Screws= $1.74

Ci2 Handled= $83.30
Ci2 Carbide Inserts= $9.79
Ci2 Screws= $1.57

To work out the total in A$ get the amount of what you want from the list above then drop it into this page http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html then hit calculate. Postage from the US has not been added to these prices or the $10 to post in australia. To be fair for people who have small order and ones that have big ones I will work it out like this. Total postage from US / total amount x your order price. I think that is the fairest way to evenly break up the cost.

Once the total of the orders is up to around US$2000 not including the discount (around $1500 including the discount) I will place the order and get it over here.

Now once Craig does sort out a big time importer you wont have a chance to get these anywhere near this price. Look at similar tools on the market at the moment. They are a lot more expensive than this. Most companies will add up to 38% to their import price to cover the costs of everything.

Just been informed about the customs import tax. Am looking at it now and will let everyone now the results when I get an answer.

If you have any suggestions on this please do not hesitate to make a post and we'll discuss it.

BJ

DJ’s Timber
7th December 2008, 11:36 AM
Whilst this is a great offer, would like to be in on it myself but you may find that there will not be much interest as it is at the time of the year when quite a few of us will be short of the dollars to be able to purchase one :C

I do know that it'd be at least February before I could commit myself.

Frank&Earnest
7th December 2008, 10:40 PM
... quite a few of us will be short of the dollars :C

We should lobby the Government for a stimulus package to counteract the Global Financial Crisis.:oo:

robutacion
7th December 2008, 11:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Well, I see things are taking shape, and that is a positive thing.
Is unnecessary for me to repeat, how good I think the deal is, for those that would like to own a Ci1 or Ci2 tool but, I tent to agree with DJ's, on the timing of the deal, for so many people out there. With this said, I also think that, this could be the best time of the year also, such as for self indulgence (given presents to him/herself), give it as a gift to a special person or friend in your life, for those that are lucky to receive this announced Government money. There will be a "few" in the wood-turning fraternity in this country, that will qualify.:D

As I mention from the very beginning, as soon as the "person in charge" would be found, I would back off, and let it be so, all back to you, regulated!:;:U

Good luck with it all...!

RBTCO

steck
10th December 2008, 08:08 AM
Hi,
I am interested in the Ci1 Complete Tool Set.
Am I the only one so far?
This is almost as good a deal as when the Aussie dollar was worth $1 US.
Regulated, I will send you a PM.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
10th December 2008, 05:00 PM
What DJ said. :C

Feb or March would be the earliest I could commit.

TEEJAY
10th December 2008, 08:09 PM
Well I have already received two Ci1 tools and have just ordered and paid for a Ci2 - I want it before Christmas.

I like your idea but I'm not able to wait.

regulated
10th December 2008, 09:38 PM
At the moment there is not much interest. Will it suit everyone better if I ask Craig to put it off to the new year. Hopefully he hasn't sorted out any distributors for Australia by the time everyone is ready. Send the pm tomorrow night so if you have any comments please post them.

It's just a bad time of year it appears.

BJ

texx
10th December 2008, 10:56 PM
sorry here too , i can't afford the screws at the moment .
and yet i work at 2 jobs and the wife is running a 7 day business we have not had a holiday for 11 years .
a mate of mine in toowoomba owns and runs a business and is doing ok .
but the people next door to him now this kill's me
they are a couple they have 7 kids by a few fathers and another on the way they don't work and don't want to find a job she is pregnant again and the kids only go to school when they are in the mood to which is not very often.
they are inline for a payment of 1200 bucks per child and 5000 for the one on the way lump sum add that up ,most likely their kids will be in no great hurry to find job's when the time come's brought up like that .
why am i working ???????????? today we had talk's with our bank trying to re finance to
ease the interest a bit

sorry i got off subject then just p#@$es me off the way the country is run at the moment

Frank&Earnest
11th December 2008, 11:26 AM
Wise decision, Regulated.

Texx, some time ago I disgusted a guy who was asking for charity for "homeless children" by saying that I would be very happy to donate if the money were used to solve the problem by castrating irresponsible parents.

This said, though, begrudging help to the innocent victims of such irresponsibility is not going to solve your problems. I do not know your circumstances but I know that in Australia today, whichever side of government is on, a couple of fully employed people who are not totally hopeless at managing their finances should make a reasonable living.

PM me your address and I will send you a clone of the rougher free. Merry Christmas!

robutacion
11th December 2008, 08:38 PM
Wise decision, Regulated.

Texx, some time ago I disgusted a guy who was asking for charity for "homeless children" by saying that I would be very happy to donate if the money were used to solve the problem by castrating irresponsible parents.

This said, though, begrudging help to the innocent victims of such irresponsibility is not going to solve your problems. I do not know your circumstances but I know that in Australia today, whichever side of government is on, a couple of fully employed people who are not totally hopeless at managing their finances should make a reasonable living.

PM me your address and I will send you a clone of the rougher free. Merry Christmas!

Now, that's what I call a generours gift. Good'onya Frank!.

When I was a young man, people would comment, gees mate, you are a bloody hard worker...!. That would please me, every time. What no one has ever said to me then was that, "don't work hard, work smart". Now, after 40 years of working, I can understand the difference. I wish I knew that then...!

Good luck.

RBTCO

texx
11th December 2008, 11:05 PM
now i need to try and answer with out offending because to offend is not my intention .
firstly frank thank you very much for the very kind offer , it is a nice gesture indeed .
but i would rather not accept because to receive some thing for nothing was not my intention with that little outburst of mine .
i was just trying to vent my opinion on the current situation with the way the country is being run at the moment .
the people in our small town that are living off our wonderful welfare system are better off and driving better cars and living a better lifestyle than a lot of the workers.
we have been told personally by more than one of these people they have no intention of working because they are better off living off the system , now that means there is some thing very wrong happening .in my opinion anyway .
and frank thanks again for the offer just the gesture is enough for me without receiving the gift .

Frank&Earnest
11th December 2008, 11:19 PM
That's OK Texx, I realise I was a bit blunt without wanting to be offensive. To be honest, I have to admit that I was expecting that my offer would have appeared rather rethorical to a proud person like you. For this reason, I assure you that the offer still stands in complete good will, but I fully understand whatever decision you make.

There is a very good chance that this is my last post on this forum, I want it to be a happy one.:)

texx
11th December 2008, 11:39 PM
your last post ???????
not because of people with an attitude (namely me ) i hope
i don't want to be the cause of any ill feeling's
if i am rubbing up the wrong way some one please tell me cos i am thick as a brick some time's
and after 11 hour's in a tractor more than likely not completely with it .
and it's 10.30 pm i need to go home ( still at the shop ) and get some sleep cos i have a date with a tractor again in the morning .
frank please don't make it your last post we need guy's with your attributes in here.
now i gotta go check the inside of my eyelids for cracks . ill be back .

regulated
13th December 2008, 07:04 PM
Ok everyone.

This deal will be put off until January/February. Hopefully no distributors have been found for Australia by then because we probably won't get the deal then.

Thanks for everyone's input in this deal and a very big thanks to Craig for offering it in the first place.

Happy Turning.

BJ

regulated
18th December 2008, 07:19 AM
Hey all

RBTCO has taken this deal over. Please watch for the new thread when it comes through. Thanks for everyones comments and concerns about it. Good luck.

BJ

robutacion
18th December 2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks regulated, appreciated...!

The sale of these items is now under my responsibility, and can be processed on this new thread;

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=863394#post863394

Thanks everyone,

RBTCO