PDA

View Full Version : It's not a car, but....

Kev Y.
8th December 2008, 10:07 AM
Ok so this is not a car, but it is a mode of transport. This is what I have been playing with for the past 12 months, but now I have a need ot get back into the wood work.

Cliff Rogers
8th December 2008, 10:50 AM
:2tsup:

Looks rather small, is it useful for anything apart from flight training?

Kev Y.
8th December 2008, 01:32 PM
Cruises at 185kph, can climb to 2500 meters, uses 16ltrs of fuel an hour, carries 2 people, 100ltrs of fuel, and 20kgs of luggage.

Cliff Rogers
8th December 2008, 01:36 PM
A bit like a Corola except I can carry less fuel but more luggage. :D

Gra
8th December 2008, 01:52 PM
A bit like a Corola except I can carry less fuel but more luggage. :D

And slower (With the way you drive:p:D:D)

echnidna
8th December 2008, 05:57 PM
where are the timber racks? :rolleyes:

Optimark
10th December 2008, 11:29 PM
Quite a serious toy there, you can fly to Tassie and back on a single tank, if you have to.

Did you learn to fly in this, or is this your personal toy?

We waited for one of those to land at Flinders Island, running into a 15kt headwind, it just floated down.

Those big wings must be fun to have.

Mick.

Kev Y.
12th December 2008, 12:53 PM
Optimark, I have not tried it yet, but I believe I can get to tassie on one tank (easily), getting back on the same tank could be a problem.

This one is all mine, I did all my training in a smaller model, but it was just as much fun.

The bigger wings give it a "glider" feel in a good headwind, but it also means I get better lift and it also increases the maximum take-off weight of the aircraft...

Who knows, me and a couple of friends might just try and get down to flindes one day.

munruben
14th December 2008, 11:28 AM
Nice little toy but personally I prefer something a little larger... like a 747.:)