PDA

View Full Version : Vso image resizer

bitza500
8th December 2008, 06:03 PM
Well Pen pal now you have done it this SVO resizer is a bloody whiz even a madman could work out this one even to reducing down again to fit the Forum
So 14 Months ago and $350 and a struggle this is my old girl a one owner even had the old style rubber cable that when you touched it it started to peal off and fires up 1st go try reverse PUFFING BILLY like doing a burnout I do not think has had much use and look at where the switch is Mounted
It is nowhere finished now after I rebuilt it and then decide to upgrade and give her a riser so I have 6 5/8" for a centreheight
So Here comes the Original
all the best derek bitza500

footz
8th December 2008, 07:49 PM
My machine had the switch in the same position Derek, weird how they put them there.

blackfrancis
8th December 2008, 09:34 PM
Nice to see some of your photos Derek. I think the switch on my machine, which is on cast iron legs, is worse. It has it on the front of the chip tray where you can brush against it and accidentally turn it on. To think they used to have this sort of stuff in tech schools. The Hercus 260's we had when I was at school were super safe. So this is the machine you've raised the centre height on? Looks like a good one :)

Cheers
Steve

bitza500
9th December 2008, 09:48 AM
Hi Gene, do not tempt me as I have 14 months worth of pictures of my bastardization of a 9" to a 12" as from just a basic cleanup to a full restore to my Bastardizing to give me more swing The SVO Resizer is SIMPLE as even the pics that got reduce to 800 x600 that were still over the 100KB I just canged the size down to 750 x 500 and piece of cake as I hate reading how to do things
Must be the Motor Wrecker coming out of me
As it was hit and miss on a lot of the car dismantling as we never had manuals just pull it apart and see,Thank Christ I never had to put some of the parts back on as you would be aware of
I have 3 flash sticks of Pics but am not going to bombard you with all the wonderfull detail of my numerous mods and blow by blow pics
As soon as these Quacks work out what to do about my dead finger the quicker I can get back to Work

Does anybody know of any old big lathes out to pasture as I am chasing a Tailstock as the Hercus will manage the lift but is not sturdy enough for my likening anything say from a 12" lathe as I can machine to fit as the old old lathe use to run on the inside of the lathe bed only and that is what I am chasing so any ideas ?????????????

all the best derekbitza500

Now this is a nice restore

footz
9th December 2008, 04:21 PM
Aye it does look good but christ would you use it witjh oil and such?. Good to see the pics comming down the line man.