PDA

View Full Version : So how do I put this thing together...

martink
12th December 2008, 05:07 PM
Hi Sketchup Gurus,

Have been busily beaveri8ng away designing my new workbench. Have done up the legs, feet and top rails complete with their mortice and tenons. The problem is I tried moving the bits so I could put it together now and see how it looks but I cannot seem to get the tenons to insert into the mortices accurately. There has got to be a trick to do this but for the life of me I cannot work out what it is. Any ideas??

TIA,

M.

martrix
12th December 2008, 05:13 PM
Hi Sketchup Gurus,

Have been busily beaveri8ng away designing my new workbench. Have done up the legs, feet and top rails complete with their mortice and tenons. The problem is I tried moving the bits so I could put it together now and see how it looks but I cannot seem to get the tenons to insert into the mortices accurately. There has got to be a trick to do this but for the life of me I cannot work out what it is. Any ideas??

TIA,

M.

Have you made each item as a component? Can you upload the file here?

martink
12th December 2008, 05:18 PM
Have you made each item as a component? Can you upload the file here?

Yep all in components, problem is it's 800 Kb - far too big top be uploaded here. Can email it to you if you like - PM me your email addy:)

Ta,

M.

martink
13th December 2008, 10:52 PM
For those who were wondering what the solution is, Matrix kindly found it for me and I quote...

"Just change (in View) the Face style to Wire frame so then you can see inside the mortice so to speak. That way you can grab the end corner point of the tenon and move it to the corresponding point on the mortice."

As he said too easy; thanks Matrix!

Ciao,

M.