http://www.sockandawe.com/

Have fun.

rrich
19th December 2008, 06:35 AM
"Give Bush A Clip Around The Ear"

A brain transplant would be better.

Chumley
19th December 2008, 11:22 AM
Funny, I remember most people seemed to have the same attitude toward Ronald Reagan when he was President. Yet reading some research material about what Reagan did and how and why -- without the attention of the balanced, non-sensationalising, respected media of the day -- I ended up with a completely different attitude to him.

I wonder if the same will happen with President Bush.

Curiously,
Adam

edzell
19th December 2008, 12:30 PM
.... I ended up with a completely different attitude to him.

I wonder if the same will happen with President Bush.

Curiously,
Adam

Don't think so. Just one quote, (perhaps not exact, word-for-word) "If you're not with us you're against us."

Telling your thoughtful friends they will be treated as enemies - not intelligent!

Chumley
19th December 2008, 12:51 PM
Oh don't get me wrong - I've had a chuckle or two same as everyone else (probably more). I just doubt the common wisdom of public opinion as seen through the media (the world is flat, nicole kidman can act, etc).

jerryc
26th December 2008, 09:10 AM
Chumley,

There are always "revisionists". One person presenting a different view of Regan is not a change ogf opinion by everyone. The World has a few small financial problems at the moment. Remember Reganomics? Free market rules. Thatcher did the same for England and look where it is now compared with the rest of Europe.

Don't blame the media. I agree that the media gives no facts on which a thinking person can base a reasonable assessement, but they have to sell their wares and the average person does not want to be bothered with facts and to think.

Jerry

edzell
26th December 2008, 09:20 AM
..........the average person does not want to be bothered with facts and to think.

"A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices" -William James.

artme
26th December 2008, 02:53 PM
While in the USA recently I spent time in Miami, LA, and Honululu.I also met many Americans on our travels through Europe.
The most common feeling that came across was that of " thank God Bush has gone"

It was also apparent that Americans are now feeling better about themselves as a result of the election coupled with the departure of Bush. Not one person I spoke to was displeased with the election result. Most now seem to feel a great deal more goodwill towards America and Americans.

How good apresident Obama turns out to be will only be determined by history, but I think he would have to work really hard to be worse than Bush from an international perspective.