PDA

View Full Version : Get more from your router

Template Tom
19th December 2008, 07:44 PM
I had made an offer to the first ten who may contact me regarding the DVDs I have produced. If you have tried to contact me and I have not replied this is due to computer problems (that's my excuse for a 75 year old. If I have not responded to your posting please give me another try as I do not want to offend anyone. the offer is still there.
Tom

masoth
19th December 2008, 07:58 PM
Tom, have you advertised this offer elsewhere? I've not noticed it, anyway. Would you mind reiterating what the offer is, please?

soth:doh:

AUSSIE
19th December 2008, 08:08 PM
I had made an offer to the first ten who may contact me regarding the DVDs I have produced. If you have tried to contact me and I have not replied this is due to computer problems (that's my excuse for a 75 year old. If I have not responded to your posting please give me another try as I do not want to offend anyone. the offer is still there.
Tom
Hi Tom
Can you put me down for one DVD please?
I have a new router and guides I havent used yet.:2tsup:Aussie

Template Tom
19th December 2008, 08:19 PM
Hi Tom
Can you put me down for one DVD please?
I have a new router and guides I havent used yet.:2tsup:Aussie

Hi Aussie

Enclosed copy of reply I have sent to the first ten replies.

Have you ever used template guides?

What size of guides to you have?

What router do you have?

What sort of projects do you make?

What projects would you like to make?

When I submitted my post to the forum it was my intension to offer my DVDs at an introductory price to the first ten replies I got and you are #10 All I ask is that if you think the information is satisfactory that you could inform others simply by email of even submitting posts on the forum. It is important to get this message across, I have been trying for a number of years to get others to at least try to use the guides that was when I was producing CD-ROMs. Now that I have produced the material on DVDs it may help others to understand the method I have been using.

Anyway Aussie I am willing to send three DVDs for an introductory cost of $20.00 plus $5.00 postage and handling and hopefully you will get something from them. I will be looking at charging $50.00+ for the set at a later date. Value for money??? if you would like to comment.
Tom

Wongdai
19th December 2008, 10:18 PM
Count me in!

Template Tom
19th December 2008, 10:26 PM
Count me in!

You are the tenth member to request my DVDs and these can be made available to you.

Enclosed copy of reply I have sent to the first ten replies.

What router do you have?

When I submitted my post to the forum it was my intension to offer my DVDs at an introductory price to the first ten replies I got and you are #10 All I ask is that if you think the information is satisfactory that you could inform others simply by email of even submitting posts on the forum. It is important to get this message across, I have been trying for a number of years to get others to at least try to use the guides that was when I was producing CD-ROMs. Now that I have produced the material on DVDs it may help others to understand the method I have been using.

Anyway Wongdia I am willing to send three DVDs for an introductory cost of $20.00 plus $5.00 postage and handling and hopefully you will get something from them. I will be looking at charging $50.00+ for the set at a later date. Value for money??? if you would like to comment.
Tom

Woodlee
19th December 2008, 10:41 PM
Tom ,
I am interested in your DVD's ,I have been waiting for some time for you to announce them .
If it's too late for the introductory offer then I will pay the full price.

Kev.

Template Tom
19th December 2008, 10:53 PM
Tom ,
I am interested in your DVD's ,I have been waiting for some time for you to announce them .
If it's too late for the introductory offer then I will pay the full price.

Kev.

Kev
Contact me and i will include the introductory offer to you
Tom

cellist
19th December 2008, 11:01 PM
Tom

Hi Tom. Michael in Mundaring again. I'd be happy to buy your DVDs. Can you let me know how? I'll be glad to meet you when that happens one day soon. Have a great Xmas and New Year!

MG

Howard Van Huis
20th December 2008, 01:54 AM
I will ask what they are. I have been on router workshop, and needed to say HI

masoth
20th December 2008, 12:35 PM
Well I'm stumped!!
In relation to routers what is "ski mode" enabled, please?

soth:(

weisyboy
20th December 2008, 05:15 PM
what is it you are selling?

Template Tom
20th December 2008, 07:25 PM
Well I'm stumped!!
In relation to routers what is "ski mode" enabled, please?

soth:(

Soth

It is a means of giving support to your router which will produce a better finish to the edges and introduces greater safety awareness with the router. I have written about them on my CD-ROMs and it does appear on the DVDs

Tom

Template Tom
20th December 2008, 07:29 PM
Hi Tom. Michael in Mundaring again. I'd be happy to buy your DVDs. Can you let me know how? I'll be glad to meet you when that happens one day soon. Have a great Xmas and New Year!

MG

Mike
Give me a call and we can arrange a meeting
Tom

Template Tom
20th December 2008, 07:39 PM
I will ask what they are. I have been on router workshop, and needed to say HI

Howard

Yes I have been on Router Forum but it seems there is not a great deal of interest in the use of the template guides for the router as I have written the material using Metric calculations and in the USA all writing is in Imperial measurement. I have been asked to re-write the material converting all the details to Imperial. Firstly it would be a tremendous job and secondly why can't my American friends convert the metric to Imperial for their own use, when I see an article in an American magazine that would be interesting to make I do my calculations to Metric from the imperial material published.

Also I disagree with a statement saying that "90% of all routing processes can be achieved with the router in the Router Table" and I have the material to prove it wrong.

Tom

Ben from Vic.
21st December 2008, 09:08 AM
It is important to get this message across, I have been trying for a number of years to get others to at least try to use the guides that was when I was producing CD-ROMs.

Tom

Tom,

I usually buy router bits with the bearing guides, could you explain why your such a fan of using the base guides?

Without giving away all the secrets on your DVD, that is.:wink:

Template Tom
21st December 2008, 12:57 PM
Tom,

I usually buy router bits with the bearing guides, could you explain why your such a fan of using the base guides?

Without giving away all the secrets on your DVD, that is.:wink:

Most router users would purchase bearing cutters or straight cutters and they would use the straight cutter with a template guide to rout an object larger than the template. With the use of the template guides will introduce you to a greater range of cutters. Only yesterday I ran into Chris who had bought my DVDs on Thursday and he said he was having late nights watching DVDs but what he said next was interesting." I'll have to go and buy some new cutters" my reply was you are 100% correct. Was he enjoying the DVDs yes was the answer and he was disappointed he could not get down the shed to put things into action.

I produce a simple clock and from start to finish the material is never removed from its little jig and comes out shaped with the edge moulding as well. Just because of the selected cutters will allow me to do this no bearings. This same design was published in a routing magazine some 10+ years ago, I changed the method of shaping the click and also added more safety awareness when routing the shape. The answer to the method appears on my DVDs I was getting blind people to produce the clocks. You will find that once you embrace this method you will require to purchase a new collection of router cutters, no use looking for a set only purchase the one you require. My collection of cutters have been taken from the Car-I-Tool catalogs and I would strongly recommend them over other cutters, One good thing about their catalog is that all the dimensions are listed and it is possible to order your cutter while you are in the process of making the Jig and templates. That is something else you will be doing and that is making your own Jigs an producing your own templates.

In my Humble opinion you are about to change your way of using the router and you are going to get more satisfaction from its use.
Tom

Gaza
21st December 2008, 02:05 PM

Yes, i have used them to cut 180 holes in hardwood, by using the guide it allowed me to get the same result everytime.

I have to check in the box, i ll let you know.

What router do you have?

Makita 1/4 trimer, makita 3612, dewalt 625, festool 1400.

Superbunny
21st December 2008, 02:43 PM
Tom

Hi Tom
I was wondering if you got my email. Never mind I'll pay anyhow just give me the details. I have a Triton router with the Triton template guide kit.

SB

Wongdai
28th December 2008, 07:28 PM
Have you ever used template guides? No

What size of guides to you have? I don't have any.

What router do you have? I have an elu MOF96, a GMC router in table, and an old 1/2" B&D

What sort of projects do you make? Generally furniture type things. Coffee tables, etc.

What projects would you like to make? Furniture, nice boxes, etc.

Regards

Wongdai

Template Tom
29th December 2008, 08:34 AM
Have you ever used template guides? No

What size of guides to you have? I don't have any.

What router do you have? I have an elu MOF96, a GMC router in table, and an old 1/2" B&D

What sort of projects do you make? Generally furniture type things. Coffee tables, etc.

What projects would you like to make? Furniture, nice boxes, etc.

Regards

Wongdai

As we are both in Perth you may wish to give me a call and I may be able to give you some advice on the use of the router with the aid of the template guides to get you started. There has been very little written about the use of the template guides especially when 'Female' templates are used.
Tom

Template Tom
29th December 2008, 09:31 AM
Just a note if I have not responded to your request for information please let me know and I am sorry for the delay.
Tom