PDA

View Full Version : Calm is coming to Queensland.

Calm
21st December 2008, 12:31 PM
HI i am finishing work on the 30th January and need to be back in Ballarat on the 25th February.

I intend to spend most of this time in Brissy but hope to meet a couple of the forum members while there. Carl, FC & Sigidi for 3.

I am coming in my car and will have a trailer, chainsaw, lathe & golfclubs with me so interested persons just give me a yell. I wont publish my mobile but can give it via PM if requested. BTW my golf is an excuse to get exercise not a profession.

As i will have a trailer i am interested in a couple of wood swaps for some turning blanks of queensland species not available in Vic.

Cheers and see you then. :2tsup::2tsup:

Check out this thread (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=86047) also

dai sensei
21st December 2008, 07:36 PM
You would normally be welcome to call in at my place on your way through, but I currently planning to be down south in Feb.

I'll PM you my address and mobile in case things change.

Safe travels.

weisyboy
21st December 2008, 07:47 PM
ill be away until the 24th.:C

Cliff Rogers
21st December 2008, 10:46 PM
Brissy????
That is just barely Qld mate. :cool:
You live closer to Brissy that I do & I am still more than 1000kms from the tip. :D

Calm
22nd December 2008, 11:34 PM
Brissy????
That is just barely Qld mate. :cool:
You live closer to Brissy that I do & I am still more than 1000kms from the tip. :D

Cliff you might have to wait until i go round Aus then i could stop 1/2 way and call in:D:D

underfoot
24th December 2008, 05:24 AM
hey Calm, if you're going via pacific hwy you'll pass within 200mtrs of my shed,
yer always welcome to drop in

Calm
24th December 2008, 07:18 AM
hey Calm, if you're going via pacific hwy you'll pass within 200mtrs of my shed,

Thanks for the offer, i am not sure which way i am going until i find out when my cousin will be home and at work. I intend to leave Saturday morning and may drive straight through - up the newell highway and in through Goondiwindi - or may stop over about the border, depending on my cousin. - Reason for visit is mate is getting married on 15th and Cousin is doing EVS conversion to my lathe while i'm up there. So i decided to stretch it out a bit.

Will keep in contact nearer to date.

Cheers

Allan at Wallan
27th December 2008, 03:49 PM

Make sure your shed is locked if you are not home.:D

David has been requested to bring back any spare wood
or tools he finds along the way.:doh:

Allan

artme
2nd January 2009, 08:27 PM
I shall be here. I expect your presence! Give me a hoy!

Calm
13th January 2009, 10:02 PM
Ok i am bringing the golf clubs - are there any members who enjoy a hit and walk, My normal game is about 90 to 100 for 18 holes and i have no handicap - except for the clubs:B -

Any takers

Is there any interest in SWAPPING - wood that is nothing else:D:D I am thinking of bring a bit of Blackwood up and am keen to bring some "northern" species back.

I will post my mobile number on a later post fr contact as i am not sure i will be able to log on anywhere once i leave home. - i can ring home and get the kids to check PMs for me.:2tsup::2tsup:

Cheers

Calm
16th January 2009, 08:13 PM
My contact details are now on my profile for anyone who wishes to contact me.

just click on CALM at the top left of this post and the click on view public profile

Thanks all, hope to see plenty of you up there in Queensland..

Cheers

mic-d
16th January 2009, 08:21 PM
Hi David, did I send you a pm? Can't remember and I've cleaned out my messages:doh::doh:

Cheers
Michael

Calm
16th January 2009, 08:25 PM
Hi David, did I send you a pm? Can't remember and I've cleaned out my messages:doh::doh:

Cheers
Michael

Yep thanks will print that out and bring it with me. - will definetely catch up.

Yep i also clean mine out then wonder who they were from - i guess with only 40 i need to manage them better.

Cheers

weisyboy
23rd January 2009, 09:37 PM
well i got home early from my fishing trip hope calm is having as gooder time as we did.

Calm
23rd January 2009, 11:05 PM
Calm is leaving abut 9am tomorrow - sat 24th and will be at the BBQ at the Goldcoast on Monday - See ya all there

Found a couple of peices of wood - including a 2 foot burl to bring up and swap with some northern timber.

Be up there until at least 22nd Feb.

Contact details on my public profile.

Cheers

weisyboy
23rd January 2009, 11:09 PM
i must be going mad.

ill be here the whole time mate if ya wanna call in.

just give us a ring and i can arrange to be home.:2tsup:

bbq did i miss something?

dai sensei
24th January 2009, 04:21 PM
bbq did i miss something?

My place this Monday. See here (http://www.woodworkforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=87906) :rolleyes:

weisyboy
24th January 2009, 04:27 PM
found it thanks pitty i cant make it.