PDA

View Full Version : portable sawmillers wish list for xmas

charlsie
23rd December 2008, 11:46 AM
since burnsy got his mill and he's asked for opinions on the trailer and other stuff i thought i'd start a list of what we blokes would want santa to leave under the xmas tree to make life a bit easier for us. For me the tree wouldn't be a pine but a nice 6 mtr long 5 feet wide blackwood, knot free under it would be dereks' log carrier, a couple of the dogs weisys' knocked up, a new pressure washer to clean logs with after they've been dragged up the side of mount dandy.A bigger crane than dj's got on his truck (yes i am suffering crane envy) ,nail free logs ,a really good metal detector,lessons on how to put new tips on blade. A never ending roll of saw chain. so you get my drift.feel free to add your ideas

The Bleeder
23rd December 2008, 11:54 AM
A new shed (big one..) and all the toys (tools...) necessary so i don't have to go up to the old mans place to mill. (5 hour drive).

weisyboy
23rd December 2008, 05:49 PM
a bigger chainsaw would be nice.

i have got the new trailer ordered

a terfer winch for loading logs

a coupla new cant hooks

a crane truck

a buch a logs

the list goes on and on.

Burnsy
23rd December 2008, 05:53 PM
I am not greedy, just a crane truck:p

BobL
23rd December 2008, 06:05 PM
5 acres with a 30 x 50 m shed should cover it.

Seriously, I don't really need anything, just another spare day a week!

Burnsy
23rd December 2008, 07:01 PM
5 acres with a 30 x 50 m shed should cover it.

That's a small 5 acres if a 30 x 50 shed will cover it:p

Ibanez
23rd December 2008, 09:41 PM
a 4wd log loader and snigging machine with AIR CON

Shayne

charlsie
23rd December 2008, 10:16 PM
carl all i can say is stop losing the old cant hooks and dont say the list goes on and on add to it ! thats the idea
bob i think god is the only one that can add hours to the day, i keep praying for 25 hr days and 8 day weeks but so far it hasn't happened
Shayne thats what i'm on about air con and all .How good wood a loader or skidder on bobs 5 acres be, we would all be in heaven if we got the extra hours as well:2tsup:

Steve Fryar
24th December 2008, 06:06 AM
Since I already have a crane truck:2tsup:,I go with the never ending roll of saw chain as well.Mery Xmas everybody.

charlsie
24th December 2008, 07:42 AM
steve any chance of a pic of the crane truck ? i might stars a thread on them even if dj's is bigger i recon mine might get into more places i'll post a pic of it. i also want a twin roll drum sander with thicknesser in front that dresses 1500mm wide. isaw one a while ago. asking price 75k ,seems a bit pricey

Calm
24th December 2008, 07:51 AM
steve any chance of a pic of the crane truck ? i might stars a thread on them even if dj's is bigger i recon mine might get into more places i'll post a pic of it. i also want a twin roll drum sander with thicknesser in front that dresses 1500mm wide. isaw one a while ago. asking price 75k ,seems a bit pricey

It is only a WISH list after all :D:D:2tsup:

I just wish for the Lucas - Allan told me i needed one:2tsup::2tsup::D

Cheers

Steve Fryar
24th December 2008, 08:37 AM
Charlsie,go to my "a days milling" thread.
Cheers,Steve.

weisyboy
24th December 2008, 09:09 AM
a 60 x 20 shed to cover the old horse arena where i do my milling.

a set of forks for the loader.

a nice big breakdown bench like we used to have sompthing with a blade around 32". with power feed ofcorse

woodwizz

9" upgrade kit

dedicated slabber cradle

got the dozer home so i don't need a skidder but a bobtail would be nice.

power down to the milling site.

and watter

Sigidi
25th December 2008, 04:24 PM
Ex Aust. Army Mack crane truck, just beautiful.

A milling shed with two 8m bays, so I can have two piles beside her and roll 'em in to mill under the cover.

and lastly, one 10 ton truck full of logs per week

that's it, don't need more hours in the day, don't want more days, or endless chain, bobcats, winches, none of that stuff. just the above in reverse order preferably:)

weisyboy
25th December 2008, 05:24 PM
one of the old army 6x6 blitz trucks with a mid mount winch would be verry nice. but not the ford blitz.

dad regrets selling his now.

texx
25th December 2008, 07:00 PM
well for me a mill would be a good start , or even a good size saw ( 066 ) or there abouts ,
then next on the list would be can i back up 25 years and start there:C

robutacion
27th December 2008, 02:34 AM
Oh yeah, wishing lists...!, they are great things to have and dream about every so often.

At the moment a nice insulated shed about 40x20 meters, a proper drying kiln, a forklift type with a jaw set on expandable arms (moving logs around), a proper bandsaw mill fully automated, suspended cranes rails above the mill, a good set of cant hocks, a small 4x4 truck with a lifting crane, bring me back to 25 year of age, and a complete new built spine (back) and arms, made of titanium.

The thing about wish lists is that we all need them to keep the dream/madness alive, one will be lucky if it manages to turn into reality 50% of it...!

Following one of my preferred old sayings " I little bit of something, is a lot more than plenty of nothing...!"

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO