PDA

View Full Version : DIY bifold bi fold doors

mudiy
23rd December 2008, 01:29 PM
Hi everyone and merry Christmas

I am planning to build a 5 panel bifold door system to open a kitchen wall of 5.4m span. I recently purchased a window and sash router bit ( comes in 2 sets) which can do the profile in a 32mm Western red cedar. I am finding it difficult in finding a hardware store who carry the fittings ( rails, guide rollers etc) for bifold doors in Melbourne? can anyone help me with a store who can supply the fittings for bifold doors in melbourne. I have designed the lintel for the 5.4m span ( external load bearing wall with concrete roof tiles) . If anybody need some help in this let me know.

Cheers

munruben
23rd December 2008, 05:30 PM
Hi mudiy, merry Christmas to you too. Can't help you I'm afraid but I am sure someone will.

Sturdee
23rd December 2008, 10:02 PM
I am finding it difficult in finding a hardware store who carry the fittings ( rails, guide rollers etc) for bifold doors in Melbourne? can anyone help me with a store who can supply the fittings for bifold doors in melbourne.

Have you tried Doorplus (http://www.doorsplus.com.au/). They make and sell bifold doors so they may be able to help you.

Peter.

flynnsart
23rd December 2008, 10:25 PM
Bunnings and some bigger mitre 10s carry the Cowdroy range, if you find the Cowdroy website you will be able to figure out what you need and get the part numbers and possible order them either direct or from Bunnings or Mitre 10 if they dont have the parts in stock. Do be aware that some ranges are for internal doors and some are for external.

Donna

Eastwing
24th December 2008, 12:10 AM
You want centor hardware (don't waste your time at Bumrings) look them up on the web, if you need some more info send me you Phone number via a Private Message and I'll help you out.