PDA

View Full Version : Choccy ripple cake question

Grumpy John
24th December 2008, 10:34 AM
After reading the TTIT Barbie posts, SWMBO has dobbed me in to make a choccy ripple cake for desert on Christmas Day. I would like to know from the experts if adding a couple of tablespoons of Kahlua to the cream will cause it to curdle (the cream that is)?

gidgee 1
24th December 2008, 10:48 AM
Hi
Not a problem,a nice touch to what you are making.
Merry xmas

Cheers
gidgee 1

rsser
24th December 2008, 11:18 AM
No prob GJ. You can use Liqueur, Brandy, Rum, Sweet Sherry ... all at once if you want to get family members rat-ar*sed ;-}

Don't forget to let the cake sit for a few hours to soften after assembly. Prob have to use a cup centre and scroll chuck.

Then there's the Ginger Nut variant.

Ed Reiss
24th December 2008, 01:42 PM
John...for a real treat, use Makers Mark Bourbon:2tsup:

Calm
24th December 2008, 05:36 PM
That would be great john, add a bit of bite, but a word of warning - move fragile things out of the way after it has been eaten as alcohol can make some people clumsy:D:D:D:p

Grumpy John
24th December 2008, 07:11 PM
That would be great john, add a bit of bite, but a word of warning - move fragile things out of the way after it has been eaten as alcohol can make some people clumsy:D:D:D:p

You don't have to tell me that David, Ern prolly spilt more red than he drank :wink::rolleyes::D.

woodcutta
24th December 2008, 07:44 PM
John,

When my SWMBO makes it she dips every second biscuit in Kahlua and doesnt put any in the cream. The Kahlua helps to soften the biscuits

woodcutta

Grumpy John
24th December 2008, 07:54 PM
John,

When my SWMBO makes it she dips every second biscuit in Kahlua and doesnt put any in the cream. The Kahlua helps to soften the biscuits

woodcutta

If I do it that way there'll probably only be half the biscuits and too much cream in the finished cake.:eat::D

rsser
24th December 2008, 09:40 PM
You don't have to tell me that David, Ern prolly spilt more red than he drank :wink::rolleyes::D.

Heheh, OK, I'll confess if you do too :D

Grumpy John
25th December 2008, 07:17 AM
Heheh, OK, I'll confess if you do too :D

:sorry: :booboo:

The choccy ripple cake went in the fridge at 6:30 Christmas morning, should be perfect for desert at ~7:00PM.

:merrychristmas: and:hny2006:to all on the forum.

Calm
25th December 2008, 07:30 AM
:sorry: :booboo:

The choccy ripple cake went in the fridge at 6:30 Christmas morning, should be perfect for desert at ~7:00PM.

:merrychristmas: and:hny2006:to all on the forum.

Does this mean you are coming out of the closet GJ:D:D

tea lady
25th December 2008, 11:42 AM
Too late tips, but maybe for next time.:D

Make the cream quite light with more milk added cos the biscuits soak up the liquid and make the whole thing to solid.

Kahlua added? Would make it kinda like a chocolate tirramisu. :cool:

I mixed cream cheese with the cream. Didn't get any complaints. ('cept from but he's very conservative when it comes to Choccy ripple cake.:rolleyes: )

Pitted cherries in the layers also didn't cause poisoning.:D

rsser
25th December 2008, 12:09 PM
That was a helluva good cake A-M.

Buzza
30th December 2008, 05:38 PM
Well Grumpy John, this thread has me intrigued, and now I want to make one of these cakes. Where can I get hold of your recipe please? :cool:

Grumpy John
30th December 2008, 07:02 PM
Well Grumpy John, this thread has me intrigued, and now I want to make one of these cakes. Where can I get hold of your recipe please? :cool:

The recipe is on the packet of chocolate ripples.

Buzza
30th December 2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the tip. I found the recipe online. I used to do a version of this way back in the seventies, using those little Malt biscuits, and Marsala wine.:U