PDA

View Full Version : New Lathes

Ed Reiss
28th December 2008, 12:56 PM
So...did Santa haul any new lates to anybody?

Pics, please:q

robutacion
28th December 2008, 04:06 PM
So...did Santa haul any new lates to anybody?

Pics, please:q

Doesn't Santa keep a list of all the naughty boys and girls?:;
That, or the fact that most houses in Australia are built without a chimney, and those that have one, aren't big enough to fit a wood lathe through it, huh?:D

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

Wayne Blanch
28th December 2008, 06:22 PM
Santa gave me a Sherwood HM1642 Variable speed lathe, but as RBTCO said we don't have a chimney so he delivered it just after the Working with Wood Show. At least thats what I told the Minister for Finance at the time.:U

I tried to get Santa to give me a Stubby or a Vicmarc but he said the sleigh wouldn't handle the weight.:no: (or the price.) I am happy with what I have though:D

My last lathe, a Delta 1440 was okay and I think it was a great starter lathe but the new one has better variable speed (electronic) a bigger motor (3 phase) and is generally better constructed. And most of all it was within Santa's budget.

All in all I am a happy boy:2tsup:

I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and I wish you all a terrific new year.

Regards
Wayne

scooner
28th December 2008, 07:06 PM
fortunately for me an old friend retired from woodturning , so he sold me his loved nova dvr xp , thats my xmas pressy for the next few years , so my beloved informed me :)

Ad de Crom
28th December 2008, 08:09 PM
Ed, Santa is not so popular here in Holland, we love St.Nicholas, in fact the same person as Santa, but other dressed. St.Nicholas brought us a long weekend to a subtropic park with nice warm swimmingpools, sunbeds, good food, sauna and more.
Nice guy our St.Nicholas.
Ad :)

madcraft
29th December 2008, 01:04 AM
Don't know about santa but SWMBO put this (http://www.carbatec.com.au/woodturning-tools/lathes-accessories/carba-tec-electronic-vs-wood-lathe) into my stocking:o { thanks to Mr Rudd and his economy injection}

Didn't realize how bad the old one was , have to get used to turning on peices that don't flex because of Crapped out bearings or to thin a shaft :2tsup:

Just need to save up and buy a new poopoo valve that I busted :B

artme
29th December 2008, 07:33 AM
Can't have a round the world trip and a new lathe in the same year!:rolleyes:

Or so I'm told.:p

Ed Reiss
29th December 2008, 01:05 PM
Doesn't Santa keep a list of all the naughty boys and girls?:;
That, or the fact that most houses in Australia are built without a chimney, and those that have one, aren't big enough to fit a wood lathe through it, huh?:D

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

Not even a micro-mini?

Ed, Santa is not so popular here in Holland, we love St.Nicholas, in fact the same person as Santa, but other dressed. St.Nicholas brought us a long weekend to a subtropic park with nice warm swimmingpools, sunbeds, good food, sauna and more.
Nice guy our St.Nicholas.
Ad :)

Oh yea, I remember St Nicholas when I was just a tot in Germany...the only thing he gave me was a lump of coal, the b*****d!:o Ad the weekend sounds like it was fun...good deal!

Can't have a round the world trip and a new lathe in the same year!:rolleyes:

Or so I'm told.:p

Couldn't even smuggle one out Art?:?:C