PDA

View Full Version : Gidgee Bowl with OT decorations

lubbing5cherubs
29th December 2008, 08:19 AM
Hi Everyone, I hope this find you well. After a long night drying here is my Gidgee bowl also done with the 2 pack because I thought the gidgee could handle the high gloss and she does beautifully. I love your thought on my bowl. Bowl is 2" high and about 4" diameter.
bye Toni:D:D

wheelinround
29th December 2008, 09:06 AM
Now you got it :; that OT lathe has been doing its job :2tsup: Toni

Well done

Had to be APIA with the shape doing the cuts with the OT a little more depth of cut may have given more definition of the pattern but only a fraction deeper.

lubbing5cherubs
29th December 2008, 09:57 AM
thank you Ray
Toni

robutacion
29th December 2008, 02:16 PM
Hi Tony,

You just gotta love those colours, huh?

Once, I lived in the heart of the gidgee country and other desert trees, and I could have cut and kept tonnes of it (large sizes too...!). One property alone has "chained" ( 2x D10 bulldozers and a chain that one person couldn't lift one single link), 60% of the native timber (big trees) growing there for hundreds of years. This property was 80.000 acres, now imagine 60% of that full of chained trees crossing to each other, impossible even to walk through. This wasn't that long ago, indeed in the winter 2001, the timber was going to be burn at the end of summer, when all the grasses a hight and dry...!:oo:. I wish that I was in the situation I'm today, the yard would be full of gidgee,ironbark, and other rare and well sourced timbers (expensive). I've seen timber clearing, but nothing compared with that, I will never forget it...:((:no:

Sorry Tony, I got a bit side emotional, the name gidgee, triggers my deepest thoughts.

Cheers:2tsup:
RBTCO

lubbing5cherubs
29th December 2008, 02:22 PM
HI Mate I know exactly what you meaned my brother use to cut gidgee posts and rosewood and I was not into turning then so they were of no interest now i kick myself. I do wish I could go for a drive and get some. Perhaps next trip to Winton I will remember to put the chainsaw into the bus
bye Toni

artme
29th December 2008, 04:39 PM
Cookin' with gas now Toni!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Fabulous colour in that piece!