PDA

View Full Version : has been visiting

jefferson
31st December 2008, 09:47 PM
Yep. The Axe Man has been and gone.

We (he) got a fair bit done in 4 days. A bandsaw tune up. It now runs perfectly. Complete with a circle cutting jig that works a treat. New sharpening jigs for the grinders, also working a treat. A jig for the bowl jaws.

Some expert tuition also. (I sense some frustration from , but I am a slow learner. A little gunshy after so many catches with the skew).

Two tool racks for the turning chisels. Note the inscriptions. A couple of turned items which I am saving for later.

We both had a ball. got to use some "real" woodworking equipment too, including my combo and the SawStop.

Some showing off too on 's part, sending chips to all corners of my shed. Messy bugger and I'm still cleaning up!

Alas, there were some other downsides. re-introduced his good wife to mine. They got on too well..... Cards and books and games all day long.... Uploads to my computer...... Had to prise them away just to get a feed. As they say, not happy Jan.

Worse, 14 cups of tea a day and I'm still recovering from the caffiene dose. And I admit to having a nap this arvo.

Thanks for the visit !

Here are a few pics:

What a great year. I've met some fantastic fellow woodies on the forum and I'm sure it will be better next year.
Jeff

Calm
1st January 2009, 08:11 AM
Y.......................... sending chips to all corners of my shed. Messy bugger and I'm still cleaning up! ................... Jeff

I got to visit for a couple of hours one afternoon, - WHAT A SHED - no i'm not green with envy.:no::no::roll::B:;

Glad to see you had a good time.

Might get back one day over the weekend, i got home about 9 last night after leaving home Thursday afternoon and coming back up your way this afternoon until monday night.

Cheers

artme
1st January 2009, 09:31 AM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

dai sensei
1st January 2009, 12:08 PM
... sending chips to all corners of my shed..

Looks like the shed needs some shavings :U

Great to hear you both had a good time.

Sawdust Maker
1st January 2009, 12:39 PM
good effort
I'll have to get to visit me :D
can you take another piccy of the tool caddy, please

jefferson
1st January 2009, 03:04 PM
As requested, here are the latest pics:

In case you are wondering, by "Real Tools" is referring to my 5 skew chisels. Shame I don't know how to use them overly well! had them both done in no time, my thanks.

David, see you when you get here.

Jeff