PDA

View Full Version : extension cords

Arthur
6th May 2004, 10:42 AM
I have a small garden shed for a workshop (6mx3m) and tripping over electrical wires was forever a problem

Got two "eye bolts" and 100mm screw tighteners and ran a single strand of 3mm fencing wire above head height from one end of the shed to the other (less than $Au10) then attached the 10m extension cord through curtain rings and cable ties at 500mm spacing.

Now the extension cord can be shifted from one end of the shed to the other without ever being under my feet again.

Arthur

silentC
6th May 2004, 11:05 AM
Great idea Arthur, but do you find your missus keeps hanging the washing on it when it's raining?

But seriously, a good idea.

TheDad
9th November 2004, 09:30 PM
sounds fantastic, all I need now is a shed big enough to do that in.... my shed isnt ready yet, and when it is I am told it will become the warehouse for the business

GAz

Christopha
10th November 2004, 07:30 PM
Got similar in my shed, Plastic coated cable and electric fence insulators all swiped from Whiskers, idea included. On one of my "runs" I have a cord from either end of the cable to give me two outlets.....

goodwoody
11th November 2004, 01:27 AM
groovy!

Kev Y.
6th December 2004, 11:41 AM
Got similar in my shed, Plastic coated cable and electric fence insulators all swiped from Whiskers, idea included. On one of my "runs" I have a cord from either end of the cable to give me two outlets.....

But doesnt that just give you a double female extensioin lead?

ozwinner
6th December 2004, 05:58 PM
But doesnt that just give you a double female extensioin lead?
Man, now your talking, a double female.................what was it again??

Al :D

Grunt
6th December 2004, 07:53 PM

Al

I think that one is more than enough.

Sturdee
6th December 2004, 10:09 PM

Al :D

Ah twins, double the trouble but double the fun. :D :D

Peter.