must have police clearance
must have blue card saftey boots
must have abn start pay at $20p/hr fortnightly pays
transport from koondoola area avail for right person
must be reliable dont waste my time if you are not reliable
treat me good ill treat you better treat me bad ill treat you worse
thanks for your time
call rob 0407428772
PLEASE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MUST HAVE,S ABOVE DO NOT APPLY DO NOT WASTE MY TIME AND I WONT WASTE YOURS THANKS :roll:

Bluegum
6th January 2009, 09:10 PM
Bugger I wish you were in my neck of the woods. I would have definatley given you a call.

Gaza
6th January 2009, 09:33 PM
non of my buiness but you should not be using an abn contractor as he or her will be having you as there main source of income, thus be viewed as an employee.

thesupervisor
6th January 2009, 10:09 PM
as i am a small bussiness i can use subcontractors have done for 5 years
its very common in perth every one does it is this against the law???
it means less paperwork for me as i dont have the time to give payslips super ect
i dont get it so why should people who work for me ?
why do no young people want to workand the ones who do are all the workers on drugs or on the mobile smsing all day

Calm
6th January 2009, 10:27 PM
as i am a small bussiness i can use subcontractors have done for 5 years
its very common in perth every one does it is this against the law???
it means less paperwork for me as i dont have the time to give payslips super ect
i dont get it so why should people who work for me ?
why do no young people want to workand the ones who do are all the workers on drugs or on the mobile smsing all day

This is also none of my business but i will try to explain something

You have offered $20 per hour and want someone to have an ABN to work as a Subcontractor. I am currently employed as a "casual" and have the same "rights" as a sub contractor - i dont get annual leave, long service leave, or sick pay - i do get workcover insurance and supperannuation which costs my employer 9% of my normal pay. - i can be told with 1 hours notice i am no longer required until it suits him. for this i get a 25% loading on my hourly rate.

So $20 without the 25% loading is $16 per hour - Superannuation is $1.44 per hour on that, they then have to pay their own insurance, plus insurance for the work they do/redo/stuff ups, plus their own "business" expenses, plus they dont have any income if you say "it's a bit quite i will ring when i want you"

Ask yourself would you work for $14.56 per hour with no job security or insurance/workcover.

Sorry but i think you should be looking at at least $50 per hour and possibly more.

Hope that helps

Cheers and good luck in your search.

Burnsy
6th January 2009, 10:38 PM
Sorry but i think you should be looking at at least $50 per hour and possibly more.

To quote your signature CALM "tell him he's dreamin"

For a recent school leaver who wants to work with their hands, has no qualifications and lacks a bit of direction as to what they want to do exactly this is a pretty good start.

Eight hour days five days a week minimum you earn $800 and you can claim your car/fuel/clothes and anything else you care to say is a business expense. Sure you get no holidays or super but for someone starting out it is pretty good.

Most would assume as well that it is a starting wage and once someone has proven their worth they could negotiate a better deal with thesupervisor who would have to cost the increased amount into jobs if he wanted to keep the said contractor. It may also be the stepping stone for some young person to move into a trade within the building industry through other people they meet.

Edit: I need to add a rant
Saying you should be asking $50 an hour just adds fuel to the already misinformed Y generation who already have the you give me money I'll give you attiude in return attidue. Excepting those I have met through this forum, there are very few who understand what a days work really involves or understand that they need to start at the bottom not the top.

thesupervisor
6th January 2009, 10:42 PM
welll $17 to $25 is the the going rate for unskilled subcontract labour in perth, trade subcontractors average $35 to $45 phr builders will not pay any more
5 months ago i had people begging for work now no one wants a job
i consistantly do 40 to 100 hour weeks and,i also give them work at my house if the week is quiet

Calm
6th January 2009, 10:57 PM
To quote your signature CALM "tell him he's dreamin"

For a recent school leaver who wants to work with their hands, has no qualifications and lacks a bit of direction as to what they want to do exactly this is a pretty good start.

Eight hour days five days a week minimum you earn $800 and you can claim your car/fuel/clothes and anything else you care to say is a business expense. Sure you get no holidays or super but for someone starting out it is pretty good.

Most would assume as well that it is a starting wage and once someone has proven their worth they could negotiate a better deal with thesupervisor who would have to cost the increased amount into jobs if he wanted to keep the said contractor. It may also be the stepping stone for some young person to move into a trade within the building industry through other people they meet.

Edit: I need to add a rant
Saying you should be asking $50 an hour just adds fuel to the already misinformed Y generation who already have the you give me money I'll give you attiude in return attidue. Excepting those I have met through this forum, there are very few who understand what a days work really involves or understand that they need to start at the bottom not the top.

A qualification here - if more than 80% of your income is from one source - ie this job - then it can be treated as PSI (personal services income) and you can claim no more than an employee would be able to so - no travel, only protective clothing tools and such. see this website (http://www.ato.gov.au/businesses/content.asp?doc=/content/00162440.htm&page=2#P25_1839)

Cheers

InterTD6
19th January 2009, 09:37 PM
If you pick up the paper & look under " Notices" you will see that the majority of business are being wound up under the workers compensation act, this is the government cleaning up these types of industries which should have been paying into WC in these type of situations. ie sub contractors who are deemed employees
Regards inter