PDA

View Full Version : Small job for an electrician between jobs?

tea lady
4th January 2009, 11:52 PM
Hoping there is someone out there between jobs that would be interested in fixing up our annoying wiring and light switches in our house. Removing dimer switches on four rooms so we can use flouro bulbs. changing the wiring in the lounge so that we can turn the two lights on and off separately. Tracking down why stupid light in the loo always blows. Fixing up light at the front door the hubby had a go at. (Its OK. He's still alive.:rolleyes:...no I'm joking. Nothing happened. Just the light never worked ever again.:doh:) Maybe putting a power point in the cupboard in the corridor so the vac can reach all over the house without changing bl(*^$^& power points all the time.:-

We are in Belgrave. Looking forward to your PMs.:D

tea lady
6th January 2009, 10:49 AM
Bump.:cool:

Jim Carroll
6th January 2009, 05:17 PM
Did you say a small job or a couple of days work.

Chipman
6th January 2009, 05:41 PM
TL,

You can buy compact fluro lights designed to work with conventional dimmer switches. The don't go as dim as normal bulbs but they do work.

Just another option...

Cheers

Chipman

(and thanks for the advice on the cheese platter:2tsup:)

tea lady
6th January 2009, 07:57 PM
TL,

You can buy compact fluro lights designed to work with conventional dimmer switches. The don't go as dim as normal bulbs but they do work.

Just another option...

Cheers

Chipman

(and thanks for the advice on the cheese platter:2tsup:)

Yes, I know. We got so for the lounge, but they cost HEAPS more than the normally expencive normal pnes, and kinda stopped working pretty soon. :shrug:

Vernonv
7th January 2009, 09:04 AM
Hi TL,
You could try PM'ing Nev25 (http://www.woodworkforums.com/member.php?u=18058), who is an electrician. I'm pretty sure he is down your way.