PDA

View Full Version : Incra TS LS Questions

kcasser
5th January 2009, 12:57 PM
All you INCRA TS LS users out there, how many of you tighten the setscrews next to the Base Clamping Knobs? Or do you just tighten the four knobs alone after moving the base assembly and forget about the setscrews? I have my router table wing to the left of the saw, and am frequently moving the base assembly left and right. I don't understand what additional benefit I get from tightening those four setscrews in addition to the knobs.

Also, I've found that every time I tighten the thumbscrew on the rail hook, I have to turn the knob farther and farther clockwise. I took it apart today and found that the threads on the thumbscrew are wearing down. I'm not heavy-handed, and can't imagine that I'm over-tightening it, but in the two or three months that I've owned this system, the threads are shot. Anyone else have this issue?

I love the setup. When doing dovetails or box joints, it may take a little time to make the cuts, but I can cut four drawers at one time.:U And I love the precision of the LS Positioner.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Sorry I couldn't wait, I got my answers directly fron INCRA and am posting them just in case anyone else is curious.

The setscrews are not necessary for securing the base clamp, but if you're going to be removing the fence from the saw with any frequency, tightening the setscrews keeps the base clamp knobs in their place making it easier to put the fence back on the saw in its exact place. They've thought of everything.

As for the premature wear on the thumbscrew, they're sending me replacement parts which should take care of it. Hope this helps someone.

damian
7th January 2009, 11:26 AM
Sorry I didn't see this till now. As usual incra offers great service.

kcasser
11th January 2009, 03:06 AM
Absolutely. Their service is terrific as are their products.

Gibbo
11th January 2009, 02:21 PM
Just saw your post now kcasser. Thanks for posting Incra's reply - I wondered exactly the same thing and haven't been using the setscrews for exactly the same reasons you stated. Now I know what they are for :)