PDA

View Full Version : Sanding back out stain flecks...need help

kekemo
6th January 2009, 04:37 PM
Ok... would seriously like help....need imput here...'

Sanding back a table... was going to throw out... always hated colour & old vanish... brown shiny shyte...about 30 years old.. table made from light grain... almost teak, I think... but also looks like pine grain... very deceiving to tell....

Delemia... I've sanded off 99.9% of the varnish... the small flecks of colour from stain that bled deep into the grain.... still there... looking for a proceedure to reduce or soak up the stain that remains in this.... either by a mytho or put would putting some type of other substance that lifts the grain help raise the surface of the wood so I can sand further....

all my inside furniture is of "baltic colour" will use shalac when its taken back enough......its not going to be the masterpiece of my collection of furniture... & most times will have a lace cloth....

... so I am not overly concern at this stage.... it just annoys me that I don't know... if there is something I could do that would effectively cut deeper & remove those flecks or make this easier.
HELP HELP HELP
Sincerely KEKEMO...(Kerry)