PDA

View Full Version : Good priced timber - North Sydney

City Kid
7th January 2009, 05:31 PM
We've been buying timber from http://www.artarmonjoinery.com.au/index.asp?menu=1 coz the price is just right and they don't fuss trying to upsell you on something you didn't want.

Unlike some of the other joints we tried on the north side of Sydney, there's no reasonable limit to what they can do (big or small) - everyone else seemed to have all these rules that prevented us from buying off them!

Wongo
8th January 2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry, the link doesn’t work.

So what do they sell? Do they sell furniture grade timber? I live 5mins from Artarmon and the only shop I’ve been to in Artarmon didn’t have much.

bsrlee
9th January 2009, 12:10 AM
Wongo - looks like a 'sock puppet'. They are a joinery company at Mt Kuring gai, no mention of retailing timber, just finished windows & doors.

City Kid
12th January 2009, 09:08 AM
bsrlee what's a sock puppet?

Thanks for fixing the link if I muffed it up but the place I went to doesn't have a website!!!! :?
And they're in Artamon. The link I had was just to their hotfrog listing, phone number/address.

Wongo I'm not sure how much shmick stuff they've got.
The fanciest we got was just some dressed pine to stain to match our queen bed and turn it into a loft.
He definitely had better grades though coz I remember hearing the price list and gleefully grabbing the lowest!
That's why I say he didn't try and upsell.
He did smirk a bit at my amatuer drawings though...

Anyway it's at the back of a row of industrial factory/sheds not far from the freeway exit onto the pac hwy.
CK

jmk89
12th January 2009, 09:24 AM
bsrlee what's a sock puppet?

Thanks for fixing the link if I muffed it up but the place I went to doesn't have a website!!!! :?
And they're in Artamon. The link I had was just to their hotfrog listing, phone number/address.

Wongo I'm not sure how much shmick stuff they've got.
The fanciest we got was just some dressed pine to stain to match our queen bed and turn it into a loft.
He definitely had better grades though coz I remember hearing the price list and gleefully grabbing the lowest!
That's why I say he didn't try and upsell.
He did smirk a bit at my amatuer drawings though...

Anyway it's at the back of a row of industrial factory/sheds not far from the freeway exit onto the pac hwy.
CK

CK

Are you sure that they are called Artarmon Joinery becos the website and the info you have given don't seem to tie together - eg the website says they are in Mt Kuringgai and you say they are in Artarmon.

Do you have an invoice or a card or a phone number?

jmk89
12th January 2009, 09:43 AM
CK

Perhaps you mean these guys (http://www.yellowpages.com.au/onlineSolution_moreInfo.do?iblId=4688255&iblName=Artarmon+Timber+%26+Boards+Pty.+Ltd.&listingPosition=9&originatingPage=ListingPage&authToken=11ec7dba4e4%7Ca8b1083fc820e05fb62b9842484f523e&pageNumber=1&st=cs&z=302064)

Ruddigar
12th January 2009, 10:27 AM
Artarmon Timber and Boards
1/2 George Pl (just off fwy)
Artarmon
02 9420 0725

They are timber merchants.

Artarmon Joinery
3 Gundah Rd
Mt Kuring-gai
02 9457 6111

They are a joinery.

Wongo
12th January 2009, 01:05 PM
Hmm Artarmon Joinery in Mt Kuring-gai?? :think:

A bit like Strathfield radios in Bondi, isn't it?:D

Ruddigar
12th January 2009, 01:08 PM
Narellan Pools have an outlet in Dubbo....

Wongo
12th January 2009, 01:18 PM
Chinatown in Chatswood...

jmk89
12th January 2009, 04:52 PM
Chinatown in Chatswood...

So many cats, so few recipes

Wongo
12th January 2009, 05:46 PM
That is not true. :U

City Kid
19th January 2009, 08:40 AM
Ruddigar you da man. Spot on. That's where I was going.

I never said it was a joinery - edited my post and changed the link!!! :oo: :?

bsrlee
19th January 2009, 08:57 PM
These are the guys who tried to insist I accept ply sheeting that resembled a soup bowl - 'it will all bow like that in time' & 'someone has to buy it'.

They also tried to get me to accept sheetgoods that they had resawn to the wrong size - 'who will notice a couple of inches'. Now I have a table saw & don't have to rely on the dealers to cut to size.

For their current customers I can only hope they have had a major turnover in staff, I'm not going back to be insulted.

A 'sock puppet' is a discussion group identity that suddenly pops up promoting a seller which prompts the suspicion that there is the hand of the seller inside directing the comments - think Shari Lewis & Lamb Chop.

City Kid
26th January 2009, 08:08 AM
whoa. gotya.
well i was just trying to add to the forum.
we didn't have a problem with timber but like i said one guy smirked at my drawings... there did seem to be different labourers each time.