PDA

View Full Version : G'day from the other side of the wold

swedenturner
9th January 2009, 06:32 AM
My name is Stephan and I'm a Swiss living in Sweden. I have been several times in Australia and still have some friends down there in OZ.
Last summer I attend a course in wood turning and I have catched the turning-virus. At the end of October I received my lathe and I begun to turn. I'm still a beginner, but every time I try something new, it comes better than before. Actually I use mostly birch wood, because it's our heating material.:U

Sam (simomatra) has written in a German Forum and so I was very curious about other woodworking. Now am I "landed" here.:)

PS: sorry for my "bad" English. It's a long time ago, that I used the English language often.:B

masoth
9th January 2009, 07:23 AM
Stephan, welcome to the forums. Your english is better than some you will read here Mate - besides most of us speak one language only, and I guess you speak more than two. I'm glad you found us and perhaps you can tell us more about your wood work, with pictures please.

soth

artme
9th January 2009, 10:36 AM
G'day Stepan and welcome to the forums.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Why didn't you join earlier?was in Sweden last year and you have therefore missed out on my marvellous company.:D:D:D

tea lady
9th January 2009, 11:53 AM
I have friends in Sweden. Hubby was even over there 2 xmases ago.:cool:

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.:2tsup:

munruben
9th January 2009, 12:29 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Ed Reiss
9th January 2009, 01:49 PM
Hi Stephan...welcome to the forums:2tsup:

So youv'e caught the turning virus, huh? About the only cure for that is to march right down to the nearest equipment dealer and throw all of your credit cards at the man to have them deliver all the goodies.:U

Ad de Crom
9th January 2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Stefan, welcome
A Swiss living in Sweden, why not, it's a beautiful country, only cold at this moment, just like here in Holland.
Turning birch is one of my favorites, especially spalted birch.
Nothing wrong with your English, it's just that bad like my English :D
Have fun, we all are waiting for your first posting.
Ad

swedenturner
10th January 2009, 12:38 AM
Hi to all

Thank you for your warm wellcome! Until now, I have turned other things as pens. I will show you my work on the general turning side.

Your english is better than some you will read here Mate - besides most of us speak one language only, and I guess you speak more than two.
Hi masoth

Yes, I speak four languages (German, Swedish, English and French), but in fact do I speak five (German and Swiss-German - itīs very different).

Simomatra
22nd January 2009, 02:47 AM
My name is Stephan and I'm a Swiss living in Sweden. I have been several times in Australia and still have some friends down there in OZ.
Last summer I attend a course in wood turning and I have catched the turning-virus. At the end of October I received my lathe and I begun to turn. I'm still a beginner, but every time I try something new, it comes better than before. Actually I use mostly birch wood, because it's our heating material.:U

Sam (simomatra) has written in a German Forum and so I was very curious about other woodworking. Now am I "landed" here.:)

PS: sorry for my "bad" English. It's a long time ago, that I used the English language often.:B

Welcome Stephan good to see you down here :2tsup::2tsup:, I don't normally wander much from the pen pages so that's why I am so long picking up your post

Cheers Sam

swedenturner
22nd January 2009, 07:11 AM
Hi Sam

Nice to see you again and thank you for the welcome! I just bought some staff for pen turning, but I need a pole or a bar to remove the pen mandrel from the lathe. You can see some of me beginner work in the woodworking general forum. I just planned to turn a pen in the next time and I will show it here in the forum.

Cheers Stephan