PDA

View Full Version : Front Porch visitor

wheelinround
13th January 2009, 04:24 PM
This little fellow showed up while I was preparing to drag the Triton out to re-set didn't mind the noise while a dragged it just waddled around. The whole time I was working within feet of him not a flutter. He's possibly been attacked by rouge minors, black birds or similar.

Even when I went to roll inside and i opened the screen door he hopped inside, he then just waddled up behind the screen door and then past the wheelchair, till I came back out and then off down into the garden..

arose62
13th January 2009, 05:43 PM
We have a few largish skinks who will eat from your hand, courtesy of previous house-owner's training.

However, we were surprised to find this blue-tongue wandering serenely through our house, and waiting at the back door to be let out!

Cheers,
Andrew

fenderbelly
13th January 2009, 07:11 PM
This little fellow showed up while I was preparing to drag the Triton out to re-set didn't mind the noise while a dragged it just waddled around. The whole time I was working within feet of him not a flutter. He's possibly been attacked by rouge minors, black birds or similar.

Even when I went to roll inside and i opened the screen door he hopped inside, he then just waddled up behind the screen door and then past the wheelchair, till I came back out and then off down into the garden..

Well done, maybe an escaped pet and used to people.

Cheers Fred

Buzza
13th January 2009, 09:38 PM
The dove may have been used at a weekend wedding and didn't manage to go home to where he was supposed to. People hire them and release a dozen or so to help with the celebrations.

Andrew, how lucky you are to have a blue tongue for a mate. Feed him some water melon at the same time every day. As for the skinks, or geckos for that matter, they get into the house and make an repeated audible click that will drivre you loopy until you track them down. :)

wheelinround
14th January 2009, 07:51 AM
LOML gave a bowl of water to the Dove late yesterday it hopped onto the side and drank, still there this morning. If it is still there later today will have to try catch it damn cats around.

Skinks and Blue tounge here to never have the camera at hand for them. Had the same a rather large skink came in through the front door through 3 rooms and out the back door.

fenderbelly
14th January 2009, 10:21 AM
I was visiting a friends shop the other day when a customer came in and said a lizard had come into the hallway, i went looking and it was behind some boxes.

It would have to have been a nearly foot long blue tongue sleek and shiny and looked in top condition.

as per usual no camera handy.

Cheers Fred

Allan at Wallan
16th January 2009, 08:05 PM
I was visiting a friends shop the other day when a customer came in and said a lizard had come into the hallway, i went looking and it was behind some boxes.

It would have to have been a nearly foot long blue tongue sleek and shiny and looked in top condition.

as per usual no camera handy.

Cheers Fred

Gotta be prepared Fred!
This one was scrounging around in the grass
near my workshed. Decent sized fella too.

Allan