PDA

View Full Version : Vic turners: any interest in a turning 'open day' late Jan?

rsser
13th January 2009, 05:45 PM
It'll be a while before Calm's event so I was wondering about hosting a turning day here at Reservoir Sat. 31 Jan or Sun. 1 Feb.

Maybe get a lump spinning on the Stubby that folk could have a go at; not to mention the usual yarning sessions, barbie and choc ripple cake :D

The weekend after would be fine too.

Post if you're interested in coming and we'll sort the dates afterwards.

Grumpy John
13th January 2009, 05:47 PM
Seems every time I back out of the driveway the car automatically heads for Eastlink, I'll be there I 'spose.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th January 2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe get a lump spinning on the Stubby that folk could have a go at; not to mention the usual yarning sessions, barbie and choc ripple cake :D

You know how to hook me... :rolleyes:

rsser
13th January 2009, 05:52 PM
Cake whore! ;-}

btw GJ, are you now the CRC expert? ... you know what's coming don't you ...

No, not the stuff you spray on seized nuts!

Gra
13th January 2009, 05:53 PM
I wood be interested, will have to check with the war ministry though:D

Grumpy John
13th January 2009, 05:58 PM
Cake whore! ;-}

btw GJ, are you now the CRC expert? ... you know what's coming don't you ...

No, not the stuff you spray on seized nuts!

In CNC parlance CRC stands for Cutter Radius Compensation, is that what you're going to ask about :rolleyes:?

rsser
13th January 2009, 06:24 PM
Er, not actually.

Then there's the IT version, cyclic redundancy check IIRC. That's prob. Skew looking for 2nds ;-}

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th January 2009, 06:30 PM
Cyclic Redundancy Check? Isn't that what happens when you have two bikes in the garage and only one license in the house, Ern? :p

tea lady
13th January 2009, 06:32 PM
:hmm: I'm not sure. The Monday after that is first day of school. Somehow It seems wrong. :- And the next Saturday is a market day, and the next weekend is I think another pottery expo. (This time in Warrandyte.) You might have to survive without me.:C

Waldo
13th January 2009, 06:33 PM
I wood be interested, will have to check with the war ministry though:D

Have to check with the Minister too. :? How many Ministers for War are there in Vic? And who are they fighting? :think:

:yes: us

:doh:

Cliff Rogers
13th January 2009, 06:38 PM
Any chance you can have it in Hobart on the weekend 14 -15 Feb? :think:

rsser
13th January 2009, 06:58 PM
Cliff, we could hire an ice-breaker and have a Southern hemisphere equivalent of the Scandinavian boat turning tour.

TL, you sound befuddled. You been affected by volatile glazes?

Ministers of War: well, the major one is just about to retire to Texas, so generals will just have to charge forward. Wherever that is.

Robomanic
13th January 2009, 09:33 PM
Would love to but I am in charge of a bucks shindig on the 31st, which means the 1st is out too... :q

Have fun though :D

nalmo
14th January 2009, 07:20 PM
Don't be scared of first day at school Tea Lady, I'm sure there will be someone there to hold your hand one your family drops you off.

Mind you, if you're a teacher rather than a student, be afraid, be very afraid. My wife's a teacher and you should see what it's done to her (and no smart arsed remarks blaming me please).

tea lady
14th January 2009, 11:26 PM
Mind you, if you're a teacher rather than a student, be afraid, be very afraid. My wife's a teacher and you should see what it's done to her (and no smart arsed remarks blaming me please).

Now who would do that?:D

Hubby may be in Adelaide till that weekend. Will have to wait and see. Could drop the kid off at M&D's. :rolleyes:

Ed Reiss
15th January 2009, 12:37 AM
Damn...would like to attend, but my passport just expired:doh:

Cyclic Reaction Catastrophe:?:?:?

Rookie
15th January 2009, 01:18 PM
I would be interested on either weekend. Haven't attended one of these before. the company over awes me a bit to be honest. But I really need to see someone using a skew well, so I can then go home and cut more spirals.

jefferson
15th January 2009, 02:03 PM
Ern, if the event is on 31 Jan-1 Feb, then I'm in.

Aside from that redgum, anything else to bring?

Jeff

rsser
15th January 2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks Jeff.

More details here where the poll is: http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=87502