PDA

View Full Version : Artificial grass for pre-school

Neo
10th May 2004, 05:03 PM
G'Day Team,
My littlies pre-school is having a working bee this Sat arvo (for which I am still the only person who has their name on the list to volunteer, looks like I'll be working my little whatsie off!!!) The sketchy details of what they want to achieve reveal they want some artificial turf laid. I've never even seen it laid before so does anyone have any hints, tips or traps for young players?

I've played tennis on the sand filled grassy stuff, which is great until you come-a-gutzer (for our international brethen/siblings this means fall over) and the sand is probably best avoided for active pre-schoolers. Any other ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pat

Cassandra
10th May 2004, 05:33 PM
I have seen many fake grass laid. One version lays it over a styrofoam base. Another over sand. The stuff that is the best is sprayed on (liquid that solidifies), not via a working bee........by professionals. It is really spongy and does not hurt little knees like the sand based or styrofoam. Nothing will completely save a knee from a graze but it works the best at the schools in which I have taught. Whatever you use, be sure it is secured to the ground so that it can't peel up and present a tripping hazard.

ozwinner
10th May 2004, 05:36 PM
So, whats wrong with real grass?

Al :confused: