PDA

View Full Version : Coffee with munruben in Cairns

Cliff Rogers
14th January 2009, 06:58 PM
John is up this way on holidays, I met him & his fellow travelers for coffee at the Pier in Cairns this arvo.

I've loaded him up with about 7Kgs of timber to take home. :2tsup:

They are off to look at Crocs in the inlet tomorrow & then Kuranda via skyrail/train on Friday & then they hope to go to Green Island on Saturday. (depends on the wind & if the water has cleared by then)

Outbackrr
15th January 2009, 12:10 PM
How was he enjoying the heat/humidity Cliff?

As I'm originally from Innisfail, I did warn him what to expect up there this time of year.

artme
15th January 2009, 02:03 PM
Knew he was going. Did he arrive by plane or Boat?:D:D

Cliff Rogers
16th January 2009, 09:15 AM

As I'm originally from Innisfail, I did warn him what to expect up there this time of year.

It wasn't too bad the first day, because the wet season is upon us, we get a lot of cloud cover at this time.
They had a patch of sun the day I saw them but it was fine sitting in the shade at the Board Walk Cafe at the Peir. :)

Knew he was going. Did he arrive by plane or Boat?:D:D
Plane, he wasn't keen on going on Skyrail but he was being dragged along. :D

wheelinround
16th January 2009, 03:05 PM
This is the fellow who climbs on roofs for a living :doh:

I guess he'd rather be turning his wood

Cliff I hope you wrote on the wood so he knows what it is the Type

Cliff Rogers
16th January 2009, 05:47 PM
...Cliff I hope you wrote on the wood so he knows what it is the Type
There is a sticker on the Black Bean, almost anybody can recognised Silky Oak & the brains trust says she will remember the Qld Maple. :D

He has 7Kgs to deal with.

munruben
19th January 2009, 10:07 AM
Knew he was going. Did he arrive by plane or Boat?:D:DYou think I'm a wimp Arthur? I swam up mate.:D

munruben
19th January 2009, 10:12 AM
John is up this way on holidays, I met him & his fellow travelers for coffee at the Pier in Cairns this arvo.

I've loaded him up with about 7Kgs of timber to take home. :2tsup:

They are off to look at Crocs in the inlet tomorrow & then Kuranda via skyrail/train on Friday & then they hope to go to Green Island on Saturday. (depends on the wind & if the water has cleared by then)Yep saw all those things Cliff and a few more too. It was great. I can't thank you enough for the timber really terrific of you to go to all that trouble. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: have posted pic in the travel forum. Thanks again Cliff, have sent you an email

AUSSIE
19th January 2009, 10:16 AM
GEEEES John.These guys give you a hard time don't they?
Must be hard to find someone to talk to in QLD is it?:D
Aussie

munruben
19th January 2009, 11:04 AM
GEEEES John.These guys give you a hard time don't they?
Must be hard to find someone to talk to in QLD is it?:D
AussieThey get a bit jealous of my youth Ross.:) Actually they are not too bad to me. Cliff made up a great parcel of timber for me so here is the pic of it.

munruben
19th January 2009, 11:08 AM

As I'm originally from Innisfail, I did warn him what to expect up there this time of year.Handled it quite well mate but was there was Cliff as cool as a cucumber and me sweating like anything. Guess you have to get use to the climate.

Cliff Rogers
19th January 2009, 01:26 PM
It wasn't a hot day... I had coffee, everybody else had a cold drink. :D