PDA

View Full Version : For those interested MrFixIt himself :D

MrFixIt
11th May 2004, 08:08 PM
Here is a photo of myself pre mousetache removal. I look much younger now :D

In this photo I'm working with something less than dressed timber. Building a new picket fence on a property being renovated.

Regards

Peter

ozwinner
11th May 2004, 08:14 PM
Better get the fence up quick, I can see your Wacky Weed growing, just below your gun...................:eek:

Al

MrFixIt
11th May 2004, 08:31 PM
Hi Al

Being a non-smoker it's for sale only :D

Wongo
12th May 2004, 09:58 AM
Nice to meet you Peter.

Scott

MrFixIt
12th May 2004, 10:52 AM
Hello Scott

Thanks for saying Hi

Happy birthday for the 21st :D

Q: Being Chinese, How did you end up with the name Scott?

Wongo
12th May 2004, 11:08 AM
Peter,
It is a typical question. When I first arrived here I thought its probably easier if I had an English name. Wouldn’t it be hard for people to call me “Siu Fei” or “Sorry what is your name again?” every time? I don’t have a clue why I chose “Scott”.

I actually regret it now. Maybe I should have kept my Chinese name. Well, it is too late now. :(

Cheers

Siu Fei

MrFixIt
12th May 2004, 11:40 AM
Peter,
It is a typical question. When I first arrived here I thought its probably easier if I had an English name.

Maybe, but that would depend on how difficult your Chinese name was to remember/pronounce.

Wouldn?t it be hard for people to call me ?Siu Fei?
I don't think so (IMHO)

or ?Sorry what is your name again?? every time?
Well that can happen to anyone :D

I don?t have a clue why I chose ?Scott?.
Well it's as good as any other.

actually regret it now. Maybe I should have kept my Chinese name. Well, it is too late now.

It's not too late! You can change if you want to. Obviously in this forum it is simple, however in your "real" life there may be some difficulties.

Judging by the content of your message you have an excellent grasp of the English language - do I assume you have been in Australia for quite some time now?

Siu Fei

SEE! You can use your Chinese name :D

If you have any interest in Numerology, I would suggest you approach a numerologist and see what effect the name change has. It could very well be that the name Scott offers some benefits.

I wrote a program for a numerologist, if you email me your date and time of birth details, and FULL birth name in a private message, I can create a numerology report and email it to you. I would need an email address to send the report, as it will most likely exceed the message capacity of this board and is not really appropriate here anyway.

Regards

Peter

oges
13th May 2004, 11:41 AM
We have a few people from Shanghai who come here for work, as most of our finance and it support is handled there or in India now. Most of them also choose an 'english' name when they come over. However the Indian do not choose to do this, and with some of their names I sometimes wish they would :D

Brett

Wongo
13th May 2004, 11:52 AM
Ha Ha Ha, like Apu Nahasapeemapetilon in the Simpsons :o