PDA

View Full Version : Must admit

artme
21st January 2009, 03:17 PM
to being abit cheesed off at the moment. Got back from OS to find my shed in abigger mess than when I left and several tools missing. Son had used shed and then moved out taking tools with him to help set up in his rented place.

Tools are back but shed is like a bomb site and I have been trying to rake up the courage to get into it and sort it out.You see before I left for the trip SWMBO and I purchased another property as an investment.When the renos were finished everything was just dumped in my shed because we had nowhere to put it.I'd forgotten just how much there was. Guess I will need to bite the bullet and get stuck in, but it is just so bloody disheartening to even contemplate it at the moment.

Also SWMBO decided that all doors and Other timber n the hous needed painting.Well, damn!! I just couldn't face it so, for the first time in my life I have hired a trdesman!! Good bloke but I have to hang around to give a hand and to do the LOML's bidding as well.

No messing about with timber for me for a while!!:no::no::no:

mic-d
21st January 2009, 04:03 PM
Cheer up mate, at least you are back in steamy Brisbane! You'll get it done:D

Cheers
Michael

fletty
21st January 2009, 05:00 PM
Jobs THAT big are like eating an elephant! Just start by eating one toenail and, in no time at all, it's all done.
good luck, Fletty

RufflyRustic
21st January 2009, 06:02 PM
That's a shame artme! Hmm, any chance you can use your finger and thumb on his ear to lead him to your shed and then use your boot to propel him into helping out tidyup???:?:rolleyes:

artme
21st January 2009, 08:07 PM
That's a shame artme! Hmm, any chance you can use your finger and thumb on his ear to lead him to your shed and then use your boot to propel him into helping out tidyup???:?:rolleyes:

I do love a joker!!!:D:D:D

Wongdai
21st January 2009, 08:44 PM
I can sense a busy-bee coming up at Artme's place! :2tsup:

Perkz
21st January 2009, 09:20 PM
Must admit to a similar problem recently. The shed looked like a bomb had hit it and there was no room to do anything. Bit the bullet and threw everything out on the lawn and started again. threw heaps of "gunna need it one day" stuff out and re-organised. The end result was more space and better set up to play with wood !!! Go for it..

blockhed
21st January 2009, 09:45 PM
Must admit to a similar problem . The shed looked like a bomb had hit it and there was no room to do anything. Bit the bullet and threw everything out on the lawn and started again. threw heaps of "gunna need it one day" stuff out and re-organised. The end result was more space and better set up to play with wood !!! Go for it..

lol that's exactly what i did when i built my new workshop.
it worked!
regards
the block
:2tsup:

RicB
21st January 2009, 10:41 PM
If my son moved out I would over look the mess and the "borrowed tools" :p

joe greiner
21st January 2009, 11:26 PM
My sliding-block puzzle of a shed gets that way without any outside assistance.:-

Cheers,
Joe

Hickory
23rd January 2009, 08:37 AM
My sliding-block puzzle of a shed gets that way without any outside assistance.:-

Cheers,
Joe

Thats what I'm talkin' about....:2tsup: you named my shop to the tee. :U I used to consider it the Dust Bowl :q but you have coined a phrase that exactly discribes my working environment. If I slide this over there then that over here and those over there and then squeeze through here and reach across that , I can make one cut, then re-arrange and switch Dust collector hose to another...etc. :C :U

Ozkaban
23rd January 2009, 09:19 AM

hmmm. I reckon even if you succeeded in those first two steps, the result would mean everything you had would be in the wrong spot, put there by someone who didn't want to be doing it... If anything, it would be worse than before :rolleyes:

Some things are just better to grin and bear it. Start with the toe-nail as fletty mentioned and it will all come out ok.

Oh, and then change the lock so it doesn't bloody happen again :D:D:D

I like the sliding block puzzle analogy - my 'shed' down to a tee!

Cheers,
Dave

Christos
23rd January 2009, 03:03 PM
I can understand that sometimes it gets messy. For me I have a garage that is also used to park my car. Of recent times I have been forced to park outside. Just a little bit too much to clean up after spending time in the garage. Once the current project has completed I will be doing some organizing.

It does take time to clean up, so it will.

I also want to add put you son to help out. Or daughter, or wife someone else will make if so much better then just one your own.

Hickory
24th January 2009, 02:50 AM
...Once the current project has completed I will be doing some organizing.

Geeze, I never heard anybody say that before...:oo:

But I sure have, In fact, I make take that as my Motto :2tsup:

"Yes Dear, when I'm finished, I'll clean it all up" :;

"No dear, If I clean it now, I'll mess up all the set-ups and layouts..." :no:

"Don't touch it, I know where everything is.... this way" :~

artme
24th January 2009, 06:47 AM
Things are on the improve! I am now thinking about thinking of cleaning up!!:D:D