PDA

View Full Version : Re Webbing of chairs

gdf26562
22nd January 2009, 05:02 PM
I have three outdoor chairs, the webbing underneath is useless and the previous owner used a cheap webbing, I have looked around and there seem to be two types that suit,

the first is 50mm black vinyl webbing which seems to have a slight stretch

and the other is a cream coloured webbing 50mm which has the same stretch but twice as expensive, seems to be better quality than above.

Which would you suggest

Also when i do re webb it, what is the best distance between each webbing, i will interweave it

Hope this is clearish

arose62
22nd January 2009, 06:56 PM
Haven't done outdoor furniture, but when I did some chairs, my research showed that Pirelli was the brand to go for. It was a light brown (from memory).

Cheers,
Andrew

handyrn
9th March 2009, 04:27 AM
I haven't used either of these webbing since I am in the US. But in regards to spacing of webbing it should be easy to thread so there should be no overlapping but the tighter the weave the more support for sitting and the overall durability will be greater since the wieght will be taen up weight be will distributed over a greater surface and the webbing won't be stretched individually. I hope this makes sense to you. PM me if you have any questions.

Papa
9th March 2009, 05:12 AM
We went to an out door shop, camping as such and got some real
webbing straps and they have lasted for many years. The cost was
not much, just a bit more than the plastic stuff.