PDA

View Full Version : Into the wild

GEEHARD
23rd January 2009, 02:16 PM
saw a mesmerising movie the other night and i urge all who love a good flick to hire or buy it, 'into the wild' it's called. directed by the actor Sean Penn. It's the story of a guy called Christopher McCandless or Alexander Supertramp and his desire to travel alone and without giving too much away he finds his wish is not all he desired. based on the novel by John Krackauer it's an emotional, thoughtful film very well shot and directed, please see this film.
G

Toolin Around
24th January 2009, 03:34 PM
saw a mesmerising movie the other night and i urge all who love a good flick to hire or buy it, 'into the wild' it's called. directed by the actor Sean Penn. It's the story of a guy called Christopher McCandless or Alexander Supertramp and his desire to travel alone and without giving too much away he finds his wish is not all he desired. based on the novel by John Krackauer it's an emotional, thoughtful film very well shot and directed, please see this film.
G

Just a note for those who may rent it. A lot of people I know have seen it and hated it. It's not filmed in a typical way that most are used to seeing films, it's very disjointed and doesn't flow very well at times. I didn't find I liked the movie myself when I first saw it because of this reason. As time went by and I was thinking about the film I realized that the screen writer and director didn't embellish or use poetic license to fill in gaps and make the film smoother and more audience friendly. The story came directly from CM's diaries and writings and accounts from those he met along the way so naturally there would be gaps and some confusion with story line and movie stayed true to that.

This as a rental is a good one to watch twice as things become more clear.

In the end I thought it was a very good movie. I like one of his final quotes he carved into the board - but won't state it here. You'll have to see the movie.