PDA

View Full Version : Another Project

cmmullins
27th January 2009, 02:38 AM
G'day!

Someone asked for me to post some pictures of some of my completed projects, so here's another.

I have built kitchen cabinets and it's not such a bad job. In fact I enjoy it a good deal. My only problem is I am a one man shop and I don't have the space to conveniently build them. I have had cabinets stacked three high in order to have the room to work.

I also use outside sources to help speed up the build. I order the upper and lower cabinet sides precut on a CNC machine from prefinished plywood. I order the cabinet doors and drawer fronts from a door shop. I also order crown mouldings and other custom mouldings from the door shop where they mill them.

I cut the bottoms, make the face frames, apply the finish and so forth to make the cabinets. So in essence I am assembling a custom designed kit. :;

These are built of soft Maple, dyed, stained, and finished with precatalized lacquer.

G'Day
Charlie Mullins

Enough said---Here are a few pictures of a recent job.

Ad de Crom
27th January 2009, 05:12 AM
Hi Charlie, welcome.
Boy the kitchen looks gorgeous, and the bar, oh well, nice place for drinking a nice cool beer, and enjoying the view to the kitchen.
Can't wait to see more work from you.
Have fun!!
Ad