PDA

View Full Version : Reversing Cameras - Hardwired and Wireless

rod1949
27th January 2009, 02:45 PM
We're about to get a Mitsubishi 380. One thing I've noticed on this as well as other late model cars, one can not see the rear of the car via the rear vision mirror or by turning around and looking out the rear window. So I'm looking at reversing cameras. I was out looking over the weekend... some mobs want a gold mine for them and some I wouldn't even give the time of day for as they were just chinese crap (but then what isn't these days).

When I asked in business that supply and install about "wireless" models the answer usually was "don't touch them" and/or "we don't sell them". I thought this would be because they would be missing out on the $$$ for installtions they wouldn't get.

So my question to all here is do you have a reversing camera in your vehicle and if so is it hardwired or wireless and has it performed to your satisfaction and any other good or bad comments you may wish to make?

Thanks in advance

Rod

Master Splinter
27th January 2009, 07:03 PM
Hardwired, self-installed, its fine (it was the cheapest one I could find on fleabay and it was about $40), connects to the display in my stereo - but if you don't have a feature like that on your stereo, you may find that it's cheaper to buy a GPS with reversing camera (about $300 on fleabay).

grahamjb
19th February 2009, 02:12 PM
A mate is using a wireless reversing camera that he bought from Super Cheap on his ute and it works a treat. However, another mate has trouble with his on his caravan because the caravan shields the caravan mounted RX/TX. (2.4Ghz needs unobstructed line of sight to work).

rod1949
19th February 2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks Fella's, early this week I took the plunge and ordered one of the $330, 7" wireless GPS from ebay, so we'll see how it goes etc.