PDA

View Full Version : more toy boxes

keju
29th January 2009, 08:49 PM
Was just surfing around and found these fun toyboxes on a texas site.
They don't sell the plans , but I'm sure at least some of you could come up with your own plan.
There are also saefty tips on the page

Texas Toy Boxes (http://texastoyboxes.com/)

AUSSIE
29th January 2009, 09:43 PM
Was just surfing around and found these fun toyboxes on a texas site.
They don't sell the plans , but I'm sure at least some of you could come up with your own plan.
There are also saefty tips on the page

Texas Toy Boxes (http://texastoyboxes.com/)
I am sure the guys can come up with simular plans Juvy.
At $350 to $450 each ex USA I think they can
Look great and sure kids would love them.
Juvy,How about we see some of your scroll work.Really love to see it.
Aussie

keju
30th January 2009, 02:30 PM
what makes you think I scroll? :roll: lol
I did post some photos on the scrolling forum before. The toys I make are usually puzzles for younger children, I don't make cars and trucks ( yet) so didn't think any of the guys here would be too interested in toys that don' t have wheels! :)

Here's a peddling Bobby ( from a scroll saw magazine) , a family of bunnies I made for last easter ( various old scroll saw pattern books) and a crocodile
I really enjoy working with pine and making simple toys, specially in between making portraits. It's totally different.... more relaxing because you can usually always figure out a way to fix any mistakes....

Juvy

AUSSIE
30th January 2009, 02:44 PM
I was wondering why you didnt put anything on.And you are always logged on and supplying info.etc.
You have helped me alot.Thanks
Keep it up and we are now waiting to see more.:kewlpics:
By the way.I really love the croc.:please:
AUSSIE:2tsup:

keju
30th January 2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks Aussie,
yes.... I'm logged on a lot... we stay connected all day simply because I have family both in the US and in Germany.... so there's always the chance of mail coming through.
So every time I take a break or if I hear mail come in I sit down here. Then have a wander to the forum and have a read... just stay logged on , but no... I do not sit here all day long reading everything in all the different forums. I go mainly to this toy one and the scrolling one. Every so often curiosity gets the better of me and I stick my nose into some of the other forums.

I get a kick out of helping people with information. No reason why they should waste as much time as I did searching the net.... we want them to do some woodworking! :)

Juvy

Ruddy
30th January 2009, 09:49 PM
Love the Bobbies Keju.

Ruddy

keju
31st January 2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks Ruddy,
He ( there's only one, made two pics to show the movement of the legs) was fun to make and not hard, but I think he's a bit fragile for real play. I know when my boys were little they'd have either taken him apart just to see if they could put him back together.... or during a fight throw him at each other and he cuoldn't have survived that. So I'd say Bobby is more of a conversation piece then a toy. hmm.... unless.... maybe... if you'd enlarge the pattern, but then he couldn't be made on a scroll saw...

Juvy