PDA

View Full Version : Nurses broach Watch

STAR
30th January 2009, 10:42 PM
Sometimes called NURSE'S PENDANT WATCH

I am thinking about Christmas presents already. What I would like to do if possible is to make a small broach watch, the type that Nurses used to have pinned to their white uniforms may years ago.

I have a few friends who are nurses and i thought if i can get some clocks small enough that can have a small chain and safety pin attachment I will be in business,.

I have some plans and in formation on making a fob pocket watch, so this is the next step. Only need to find a small clock and some nice chain attachment.

Now, you know why I have to start early, it is not the challenge but finding the parts that I see as a problem.

watson
31st January 2009, 12:31 AM
G'day Star,
These guys sell little quartz inserts.
I bought three at the 2007 WWW show ...very accurate......and the batteries have lasted two years.

http://www.jknowles.com.au/shop/home.php?cat=288

mjmjm
31st January 2009, 09:24 AM
I've bought some weather instruments from these people. Family company and nice to deal with:

http://www.makeaclock.com

Michael

STAR
31st January 2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks Watson and MJMJM.

I can put a post up at night just before bedtime and leave it to the night shift to give me the answers I need.:)

This forum is the best, it gives me more time for actually doing, rather then chasing parts and equipment all over the country being totally frustrated and in a lot of cases giving up or going with an idea that i was not happy with.

This project is the opposite scale to my first post here about a Grandfather's Clock but I am heading in the right direction towards that goal but have to move away to learn new skills like turning, finishing etc.

Thanks for your help'

Peter

keju
6th February 2009, 08:20 PM
If you need smaller fit ups, we can get you 22mm inserts.

Juvy

STAR
6th February 2009, 09:08 PM
If you need smaller fit ups, we can get you 22mm inserts.

Juvy

Thanks I will pm you.

Peter