PDA

View Full Version : Last Post

ozwinner
16th May 2004, 06:31 PM
Bye, bye every one.
This is my last post as I am sick and tired of the spelling Nazis.
I have better things to do than to be ridiculed just because I had a poor education.
You people make me feel sick in the stomach. ( spelling Nazis )
I came here to get info on woodwork, and to get help and give help if I could, NOT to be belittled by self appointed, spelling wankers.
I have got that way lately that I dont like replying to posts, just in case I f@ck up my spelling.
Thanks to every one else for an enjoyable time.
Later.

:mad: :mad:

DavidG
16th May 2004, 09:10 PM
Ozwinner
Dont let the Richard Craniums get you down.
Just ignore them and realize that they only have a go because they are incapable of doing any better themselves.
You get a following like that on all boards but it is best not to feed them. :mad:

Barry_White
16th May 2004, 09:20 PM
Hey Allan

Dont do a "stoppers" on us, we will miss your humour and all your different smileys that you post.

What you want to do is pull the chain on those spelling nazis and flush them.

They are a bit like teachers they can't help themselves and not living in the real world.

echnidna
16th May 2004, 10:19 PM
Ozwinner,
Dont go - this is a wood workers forum, and it will stay that way.
The spelling nazis bit is just a joke thats got a bit carried away.
Who cares about spelling and grammar - not many of us, and there willalways be someone with a different view. And I reckon if anyone could help you they would.

Gumby
17th May 2004, 12:01 AM
:eek: hey mate. You are one of my favorites on here.......DON'T LEAVE !!!!

Forget them nazis, who cares. Put a block on their posts and stay and talk to us good guys......please.

gatiep
17th May 2004, 12:01 AM
Hi Allan,
There is a very handy button on this board, it's called 'ignore', hit that button and do just that....ignore whoever gives u the ***** and they'll never have the pleasure of you viewing any of their posts.
Going away does not solve any problems, quite frankly it fuels their sick enthusiasm. Like you I am also sick and tired of the spelling Nazi's. I purposely did not use the abreviations "I'm" and "don't" because even that, although accepted English, seems to be beyond them.
Stay and enjoy this forum for what it was intended to be......a woodworking forum.

Cya around mate,
Regards
Joe

rodm
17th May 2004, 12:36 AM
Allan,
Rethink this one mate. You are appreciated by the majority who visit this board including myself. I have posted before about the likelihood of people being put off by spelling corrections, etc and it will be a tragedy if you leave us. This forum is not about who is better than who and IMHO spelling and grammar are not the benchmark of a successful woodworker or for that matter a person’s intellect. Education is invariably a product of life’s opportunities and is not a measure of a person’s intellect. Obviously I feel very strongly about this and I am joining Allan in protest. :(

bye for now
Rod

A man never stands taller than when he stoops to help somebody else.

Alix
17th May 2004, 02:07 AM
I also would like you to stay. Contributions by yourself and anyone else who knows more than I about woodwork (and that includes about 99% of the members of this forum) are always welcomed by me and others like me who need to learn as much as possible before committing the most basic of mistakes. Spelling can be forgiven, loss of knowledge cannot.

Please do not go.

Regards,
Allan

Wongo
17th May 2004, 09:51 AM
Allan,

Don’t go mate. Find an evening grammar (spelling) class and I’ll come with you.

Wongo :)

Sturdee
17th May 2004, 10:04 AM
Allan, I would also like to urge you not to leave.

I also agree that the spelling issue has got out of control. What used to be a friendly dig has taken on a life of its own and is becoming way too serious if it has upset you enough to call it quits.

I may have, unwittingly, been partly to blame and if so, I hereby sincerely apologize to you and any other member that I may have upset.

I have always been wary about the fine line between someone being discouraged from posting and having a good natured dig. From now on I feel that the spelling issue is dead, and I will not post on it anymore.

Allan, I appreciate your posts very much, they are both informative and very
witty. Many a times I have burst out laughing at some of your comments .

Please Allan, reconsider and don't leave.

Peter.

Ian007
17th May 2004, 10:19 AM
mate i cant spell for nuts, but i was wondering if we typed a reply in word or somthing did a spell check and then copied and pasted it in or can we do a spell check where we type the reply??

have they not won by getting up your nose?
i only goined this forum about a week ago and its a great place for sharing info and finding it. stay spell incorrectly and maybe get up there nose

craigb
17th May 2004, 10:40 AM
Ozwinner. I too will add my voice urging you to stay. Screw the spelling nazis.
You just have to realise that they don't have a life.
They're just pedantic prats. :(

silentC
17th May 2004, 10:57 AM
I've always set fairly high standards for myself when it comes to writing. The first time a manager went through one of my documents and covered it with red ink, I decided no-one was ever going to do that to me again. I also think it is important to maintain standards in education.

Nevertheless, this forum is not really the place that I would expect to see impeccable spelling and grammar used in every post. What's important is the content and the spirit of the posts and from that point of view, this forum is second to none.

Just like most things in life, we all have different opinions on what we think is a bit of harmless fun. I'm certain that with one or two possible exceptions, no animosity has been intended by any of the protagonists and given the choice, they'd all prefer "Al the Crap Speller" to "Al the Gone".

So ozwinner, you're a winner in our book and you always will be.

Zed
17th May 2004, 11:14 AM
WHAT a pack of whingin' sheilas. who gives a rats how you / I spell. the reason the spoken word is written is so the ability to communicate is passed via a non verbal medium. if your - take your ball and go home. I always thought sensitive new age sheilas dont belong here - rack off you ya hairdressers forum!

I agree you shouldnt quit however - 800+ posts speaks for itself....

cheers

DanP
17th May 2004, 01:18 PM
You'll note that the true spelling nazis (as opposed to the ones who just ran with it for a lark) are nowhere to be seen on this thread. Sort of showing their true colours.

Dont go Al. I'll take you're contribution to the BB over all of em put together.

Dan.

arose62
17th May 2004, 01:29 PM
Hey Ozwinner, don't go!

I vote that Major Panic and Sturdee should leave!

Each time I do something out in my shed, and get the warm fuzzy glow of satisfaction (I *AM* talking about woodwork here!), I race in and log on to this bulletin board, and see them post something fantastic that makes me go "**** <grump> - I could never do anything like that <grump>"

A couple of spelling mistakes I can live with.

Cheers,
Andrew

MrFixIt
17th May 2004, 04:43 PM
Bye, bye every one.
This is my last post as I am sick and tired of the spelling Nazis.
I have better things to do than to be ridiculed just because I had a poor education.
You people make me feel sick in the stomach. ( spelling Nazis )

Hi OzWinner

Let me state that I am a stickler for spelling, syntax and grammar. However there is a time and place for such things and this is NOT the place and at NO TIME here is it ever the right time.

I have seen a thread titled "spelling nazis" and though such a stickler, I never even considered to be part of that thread, I, like you came here for the woodwork forum.

I have no doubt that we are all more than capable of spelling mistakes. Those of us that may have been fortunate enough to have had a good education does not mean that we can spell. Those that can are most likely to have - like myself - entered typo's.

No one's education gives them the right to ridicule or belittle you OzWinner. Please reconsider your decision and let us perhaps admonish those that choose to be less than courtious in their responses.

I have not seen the posts by which you have been offended, however they must have been more than a humourous jibe to cause your current response.

To those of you out there (no doubt you know who you are) pull your head in and let this forum be as it should be - about woodwork and related matters NOT Engish education :mad:

I came here to get info on woodwork, and to get help and give help if I could,

Same here :D

I have got that way lately that I dont like replying to posts, just in case I ***** up my spelling.

Please continue your responses as your info has been informative and interesting. Those that choose to be spelling nazis can opt to not read your posts or preferably not respond in an offensive and inappropriate manner.

If all else fails perhaps those that choose to behave inappropriately can be removed from the bulletin board.

Ben from Vic.
17th May 2004, 06:11 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I could live if that monkey left (Yes, and the Avitar to).

There's only one thing for it, we'll have to make sure we all put at least three spelling mistaks in our post from now on.

This will help the Speiling Nazis to get over their fobia.

Bem.

Bring back the Monkey! Bring back the Monkey! Bring back the Monkey! :D

kenmil
17th May 2004, 06:22 PM
I will confess to being a hater of poor spelling, because I view it as a sign of laziness. Nevertheless, please direct me to the post(s) which have upset you so. I can't remember reading anything too offensive lately. :confused:

echnidna
17th May 2004, 06:57 PM
There's only one thing for it, we'll have to make sure we all put at least three spelling mistaks in our post from now on.

Trouble with that ideer they will then become arithmetic nazis,
saying we havent reached or have exceeded owr limut.

We all have to include some or many or no mistakes and totally confuse them.

Seriously though, some of the people who go overboard have cost us good members. SO STOP THE CRAP and concentrate on making sawdust

echnidna
17th May 2004, 07:07 PM
... and while I am on my soap box.

I have trained a few people in my time.
The most outstanding woodworker was dyslexic. Give him some handtools and some wood and he would put most of us on this forum (including me) in his shadow.
More than a craftsman, a true wood genius!
but he couldnt even read or write.

So STUFF speling stik to wood wurk.

Gumby
17th May 2004, 07:19 PM
You know what people , I think he's actually gone.

There's no reply here and his little monkey logo isn't showing on any of his previous posts.

RIP Ozwinner

Bob Willson
17th May 2004, 07:29 PM
I have to agree with Ken. I cannot remember anybody having a go at ozwinner for any errors that he may have made. And certainly, nobody has ridiculed him. Or, if you believe that such is the case then please point us in the direction of said ridicule. :)<O:p</O:p

Also, let's just get over this name calling. I.e. "Spelling Nazis" Putting a label such as this on somebody is obviously not a helpful thing to do, as witness one of ozwinner’s last posts. <O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p

I really enjoyed the wit and intelligence displayed by ozwinner and to think that any comments that I have made would lead to a decision such as this on his part fills me with dismay. At the same time, I am conscious that his reaction is somewhat over the top given the gentle jibing nature of most posts.<O:p</O:p

Far too many negative and emotional things are being said about various people and I note some of these below. There are also some positive remarks that I have included.<O:p</O:p

Quote: DavidG<O:p</O:p

"Just ignore them and realize that they only have a go because they are incapable of doing any better themselves."
Get real.<O:p</O:p

Quote: Barry White<O:p</O:p
"we will miss your humour and all your different smileys that you post."<O:p</O:p

We certainly will. J

Quote: Gumby

"hey mate. You are one of my favorites on here.......DON'T LEAVE !!!!"<O:p</O:p
Couldn’t have put it better myself.<O:p></O:p>

Quote: gatiep<O:p</O:p
"quite frankly it fuels their sick enthusiasm. Like you I am also sick and tired of the spelling Nazi's. I purposely did not use the abreviations "I'm" and "don't" because even that, although accepted English, seems to be beyond them."
Sick enthusiasm? Evidence for the rest of this statement is where?<O:p</O:p

Quote: Sturdee<O:p</O:p
"Many a times I have burst out laughing at some of your comments ."<O:p</O:p

About one in three would be my average. J<O:p</O:p

Quote: Ian007<O:p</O:p
"have they not won by getting up your nose?"<O:p</O:p

Nobody wins in this case Ian<O:p</O:p

Quote: craigb<O:p</O:p
"You just have to realise that they don't have a life. They're just pedantic prats."<O:p</O:p

Ahem. And you came to this interesting conclusion in what way?<O:p</O:p

Quote: silentC<O:p</O:p
"I'm certain that with one or two possible exceptions, no animosity has been intended by any of the protagonists and given the choice, they'd all prefer "Al the Crap Speller" to "Al the Gone"."
I’m positive of it. Who are the exceptions?<O:p</O:p

Zed:<O:p</O:p
I’m not quite sure from the content of your post just who you are having a go at.
Quote: DanP<O:p</O:p
"Sort of showing their true colours."<O:p</O:p

Oh yes, all people who enjoy good English are some sort of cowardly, back biting, really not nice people?<O:p</O:p

Quote: arose62<O:p</O:p

"I vote that Major Panic and Sturdee should leave!"<O:p</O:p
Right on. I’m fed up with being made to feel like that too. J<O:p</O:p

Mr Fixit:<O:p</O:p
Nothing to disagree with here<O:p</O:p

Quote: Kenmil<O:p</O:p
"Nevertheless, please direct me to the post(s) which have upset you so. I can't remember reading anything too offensive lately."
Nor can I.<O:p</O:p

To sum up, we are all dismayed that ozwinner has decided that he is leaving us as we all enjoyed his vivacity, penetrating wit and also enjoyed sharing his knowledge. It is also vaguely possible that his decision really had little to do with the BB as he has indicated that he was more than a little depressed over a quarrel that he was having with a builder that could possibly cost him $30K. Be that as it may, ozwinner is a big boy now and should be able to take a little friendly jibing.

kenmil
17th May 2004, 07:37 PM

You are off to a flying start every time you post Bob. "Echnidna" ???????

:D :D :D :D

Wood Borer
17th May 2004, 07:55 PM
Hopefully Ozwinner will read our discussion and return as an active member to the BB.

In case you are still reading the BB Ozwinner, your wit, your suggestions, your work and your support have made this BB better than it was without you. Like others I read posts based on the topic and/or the author. I always read your contributions.

Different people take comments different ways and perhaps comedy to some people may hit a sensitive nerve to others. We are all guilty of inadvertantly saying the wrong thing unintentionally but perhaps a little more thought by us all and we will avoid hurting someone else.

Perhaps Allan could come back as someone else and make contact via EMAIL or a PM with some his BB mates if he wishes to discuss the matter.

- Wood Borer

echnidna
17th May 2004, 08:09 PM
Kenmil,
When you think about it, none of the spelling nazis have ever commented about "echnidna" so they really didden do their job vewy welll.

But just like an echidna I can get my bristles up (rarely) if needs be.

glenn k
17th May 2004, 08:25 PM
Alan 27 replies all wanting to get you back, well 28 now, I think this shows that your humour will be missed. So come back please mate.

MrFixIt
17th May 2004, 08:37 PM
It is also vaguely possible that his decision really had little to do with the BB as he has indicated that he was more than a little depressed over a quarrel that he was having with a builder that could possibly cost him $30K.

Is the quarrel anything that we (collectively) assist with? many hands make light work :D If there is some form of dispute over work quality materials etc, etc. Maybe we could offer several opinions. (Beat the other guy into subnission :D :D :D)

Let us help Al?

Regards

Peter

bitingmidge
17th May 2004, 08:50 PM
Al,
Don't Go!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
I THINK IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

That's 30 missing you already...(sob) :(

(and if you look Al, they are all seriously heavy posting dudes...your mates!)

I tried to send you a PM, can't tell if it got through but it was a bit longer than I'm allowed so it's probably garbled. Send me a reply and I'll give you the full serve! :D

Blardy hell this is like being at a funeral!

All the best, whatever you decide, and if any of us can help, you know where we are.

P

Sturdee
17th May 2004, 08:52 PM
Different people take comments different ways and perhaps comedy to some people may hit a sensitive nerve to others. We are all guilty of inadvertantly saying the wrong thing unintentionally but perhaps a little more thought by us all and we will avoid hurting someone else.

Amen to that.

I thought that Allan might be upset by some of my comments and I immediately and publicly apologised for them.

Thankfully I was wrong in my assumption but I just wish that those who did, and they ought to know who they are, are man enough to do the same.

Peter.

kenmil
17th May 2004, 09:31 PM
I am still waiting for someone to direct me to the offending comments. :confused:

Sir Stinkalot
17th May 2004, 09:32 PM
I have missed a bit over the last few weeks after starting a new job and having to give away the 3 hr lunch break and not being able to check new posts every 15 minutes ...... from what I have read however is that Ozwinner is chucking it in.

Allan ..... take a few days .... calm down ..... and then come back. It would be a real shame to loose you as a member as I am sure that many regular users would consider you an internet friend.

It is a problem with the internet that the spirit in which a post is written can be interpreted in numerous ways and I am sure that if anybody has offended you with a recent post wasn't intending to be hurtful. From what I have read about the spelling thing …. It really should be locked and forgotten. Put it all behind you and move on and keep posting.

Stinky.

Wayne Davy
17th May 2004, 09:45 PM
COME BACK WE MISS YOU (sob)
:eek: :(

DarrylF
17th May 2004, 11:07 PM
It's very easy to write one thing and have everyone but yourself understand it to mean something completely different. This environment makes the problem even more difficult. Most of us would stop and think carefully about the content of a formal letter, yet we rarely think for more than a minute or two about the content of an email or a forum post, and we don't spend a lot of time re-reading it - nature of the beast. It is very easy to impart a meaning we didn't intend, or to inadvertently offend.

I work in IT, have done so for 20+ years, write thousands of emails every year and regularly write whole of company emails - and I still screw it up at times.

I can't think of anyone who's a regular here who would intentionally cause offence to anyone else. There's a whole range of personalities, some more likeable than others of course, but there's not a single regular here I wouldn't be keen to share a beer or a workbench with. Yeah, we get the occasional d*%khead come visit, and every now & then I shake my head at a post, but I rarely find anything but good company & friendly jibes.

Al: Life's just too damn short - ignore the occasional stupidity mate. Take a break, whatever - but here's another vote for COME BACK! :D

MajorPanic
18th May 2004, 12:06 AM
Don't let the bastards get you down!!

Poor spelling is not an inhibitor to disseminating information or replying to posts. I know a few CEO's of VERY LARGE companies who can't spell to save themselves.
You may find the spelling NAZIS are compensating for something eg; woodwork skills, intelligent rejoins, friends, humour! I see this in a few volatile newsgroups I drop into.

**helpfulAdvice** "IGNORE THE BASTARDS & STAY" **/helpfulAdvice**

This forum needs members like YOU and NOT SPELLING NAZIS!!!

ozwinner
18th May 2004, 12:00 PM
Hi all. :) :o

I am over my dummy spit. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/edoom/sad2.gif:o<O:p</O:p

http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/sad/mecry.gif http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/sad/mecry.gif http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/otn/sad/mecry.gif<O:p</O:p

I didn’t actually think that I would cause such a stir, or miss youz all so much.
I thought that youz would have been glad to see the back of me.
Thanks to every one who wanted me back.
Yes, I am having problems at the moment, but that’s not the reason I spat it.
I wasn’t after sympathy, I don’t give it, so I don’t expect it, or anything else, I just had enough that’s all.
I was lurking as you would have guessed, and I had to come back.

I have no idea on how to get the old avatar reinstated.

Cheers, Al

craigb
18th May 2004, 12:09 PM
I have no idea on how to get the old avatar reinstated.

Apparently we have to wait for Neil to get back from Brisbane.

Glad you decided to stay :)

Craig

silentC
18th May 2004, 12:17 PM
Amen..... :D

ozwinner
18th May 2004, 12:17 PM
I am still waiting for someone to direct me to the offending comments. :confused:
No good looking Ken.
You wont find anything directed at me personaly.
Its just the whole idea, that someone who can spell correctly thinks that they are some sort of superior being, as against those of us who that cant.

If there was someone on this BB who had a disability, say, was in a wheelchair, and all the able bodied people started a thread about how awful it would be to be disabled, " that person should get up and walk, look at them siting there!!!! ".
It needn't be dirrected at the person in question, but how do you think that the wheelchair bound person would feel.

Maybe Im off key here, but that was the feeling I got from all the able bodied spellers.

Maybe I am angry about my own short comings, who knows?
But I dont need reminding about it all the time.

Like I said, I came for woodworking advise, not spelling corrections.

Al :)

kenmil
18th May 2004, 12:37 PM
Al,

Since nothing was directed at you personally, I think perhaps you were being a little too self-conscious about your spelling shortcomings. Anyway, at least you admit you have them so why not work on improving your spelling skills. Nobody here will criticise you for that, and I am pleased to see you return. ;)

Sprog
18th May 2004, 01:19 PM
Welcome back Al.

That got rid of the spelling nazis, now what about the tool snobs?

Gumby
18th May 2004, 01:47 PM
Welcome back Oz.

From this point onwards, here are the rules for all...........

LETS JUST TALK ABOUT WOODWORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

craigb
18th May 2004, 02:35 PM
Welcome back Oz.

Amen to that.
Unless of course we happen to be in the "nothing at all to do with woodwork" forum ;)

Frenchie
18th May 2004, 03:14 PM
I am only a beginner on this forum and have been delighted to read with enthusiasm the many and varied points of view and opinions with regards to woodworking and the effort of others to help out mates wanting to get something done. I have been disappointed on numerous occasions with the banter with regards to spelling and grammar included in many of the threads.

I congratulate you Al for showing that you are above those who are now surely aware that they are in fact spoiling a fantastic forum. Not everyone can be a brain surgeon, but, anyone can be an idiot.

Keep up the good work Al. ;)

Sprog
18th May 2004, 03:24 PM
Welcome back Oz.

But Gumby, this forum is:

NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WOODWORK
This forum is for GENERAL DISCUSSION/DEBATE/CONFRONTATION etc. on any topic you like, so long as it has NOTHING TO DO WITH WOODWORK.

:D :D :D

Driver
18th May 2004, 04:13 PM
Welcome back, Al. We've all missed you.

Col

Bob Willson
18th May 2004, 04:18 PM
Glad to see you back Al, you left a huge empty space where you were. Maybe you should lose a little weight. :)

kenmil
18th May 2004, 04:39 PM
Welcome back Al.

That got rid of the spelling nazis, now what about the tool snobs?

You mean those who think that a "craftsman" only uses hand tools ? :rolleyes:

silentC
18th May 2004, 04:41 PM
No it's those who sneer at people who can't afford a Jet tablesaw ;)

MrFixIt
18th May 2004, 04:48 PM
Hi Al

Welcome back :D

I see you have the caveman avatar. I don't recall if this was your old avatar or not. If not let me know and I'll see if I can help out.

Sturdee
18th May 2004, 05:17 PM
Welcome back Allan

Peter.

Gumby
18th May 2004, 05:23 PM
But Gumby, this forum is:

NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH WOODWORK
This forum is for GENERAL DISCUSSION/DEBATE/CONFRONTATION etc. on any topic you like, so long as it has NOTHING TO DO WITH WOODWORK.

:D :D :D

Hmmm you are right of course. By the way, should woodwork be one word ? Or hyphenated maybe ? Just a thought ! :D :D :D :D

bitingmidge
18th May 2004, 08:56 PM
No it's those who sneer at people who can't afford a Jet tablesaw

So now sneering is banned on this forum as well? Is there no end?

For the record, I only sneer at people who HAVE Jet tablesaws, but don't paint them orange to remind them of their roots.

P

John Saxton
18th May 2004, 09:07 PM
:) Hi AL, Glad you made the decision to go on and contribute to the BB.

Personally I don't care what education you had or of the correctness of your spelling/grammar what I do care about wholeheartedly is yours and everyone else's input, in a manner which unselfishly offers to anyone else your expertise no matter how great or insignificant it may be.

Keep up good work Allan and I look forward to your future posts.

By the way where is Doorstop? I was away some time back and he's now gone!!
Cheers :)

Chesand
18th May 2004, 09:29 PM
Welcome back Alan - if more people had your sense of humour the world would be a better place.
I think Doorstop might now be known as Christopha

AlexS
18th May 2004, 09:50 PM
WB OZ
(this message wasn't 10 characters long but now it is)

Wood Borer
18th May 2004, 11:28 PM
Welcome Back Allan and thanks for giving us another go.

Some of the replies to me are getting a bit too emotional which is understandable seeing our mate has returned but let's not get too serious, a bit of debate and fun isn't going to hurt anyone.

I will still continue to encourage people who show an interest in hand tools. I don't consider it being a tool snob but a passion just like all the other forms of woodwork.

- Wood Borer

Sprog
19th May 2004, 03:00 AM
Welcome Back Allan and thanks for giving us another go.

Some of the replies to me are getting a bit too emotional which is understandable seeing our mate has returned but let's not get too serious, a bit of debate and fun isn't going to hurt anyone.

I will still continue to encourage people who show an interest in hand tools. I don't consider it being a tool snob but a passion just like all the other forms of woodwork.

- Wood Borer

Wood Borer

Most of the replies have smilies denoting a light hearted reply, so they are not too serious :D :D

Tool snobs does not refer to someone who uses hand tools, far from it, but to someone who thinks paying a lot of money for tools be it hand or power makes them into a superior being or even a craftsman (person)

:rolleyes:

bitingmidge
19th May 2004, 09:28 AM
One of my neighbours thinks I'm a tool.

The other one thinks I'm a snob.

P

silentC
19th May 2004, 09:38 AM
OK, so if I have it right:

Rule No. 2: No Spelling Nazis
Rule No. 4: No Tool Snobs
Rule No. 6: There is no rule number 6
Rule No. 8: No Sneerers

I'll leave the odd-numbered rules for the Monty Python fans :D :D :D

JackoH
19th May 2004, 09:58 AM
I never cease to be amazed that on a forum such as this we have such shy, retiring and sensitive little flowers :rolleyes: Say what you like. Give your opinions freely. Rant & rave. Carry on like a two-bob watch. (All on the appropriate forum, and of course, no .) If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen! :mad:
By the way: Rule 3,5,& 7..NO POOFTERS, :rolleyes: (not that there,s anything wrong with that!)

silentC
19th May 2004, 10:46 AM
You forgot rule number 1, John :D :D :D

bitingmidge
19th May 2004, 12:48 PM
John already set out rule no1!!

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen!

But don't leave the house!!:D :D :D

Cheers,

P

Wood Borer
19th May 2004, 01:17 PM
Carry on like a two-bob watch.

Surely you mean a 20c watch otherwise you are being ageist which may offend those who don't remember the jingle "in come the dollars, in come the cents ..... on the 14th of February 1966"

Then again what was that about if you remember the 60's? I've forgotten!!!

Show some respect for the young and the old hippies!!!

- Wood Borer

craigb
19th May 2004, 01:44 PM
Then again what was that about if you remember the 60's?

- Wood Borer

I think it goes:
"If you can remember the 60's you weren't really there"

I was there but too young to be a hippy. I had to wait for the '70s for that :D

Eastie
21st May 2004, 02:15 PM
Hi Allan,
There is a very handy button on this board, it's called 'ignore', hit that button and do just that....ignore whoever gives u the ***** and they'll never have the pleasure of you viewing any of their posts....
Cya around mate,
Regards
Joe
I put the whole lot of you on my ignore list ages ago. It only takes me a couple of seconds once a week now to view a couple of posts at random as well as viewing all my new post, which are generally a good read I must say :D

On the topic - you can't add yourself to your own ignore list :confused: it would make my time here much more efficient if I ignore myself as well.

JackoH
21st May 2004, 03:40 PM
Eastie.After next week I won't be here to be ignored, 'cause I'm closing down my internet connection and buggering off to QLD with the rest of the grey nomads.Taking she who must be obeyed and the caravan. Be away for two to three months. I'll let you know when I'm back on line so that you can re-ignore me, so to speak.
Bearing in mind the number of posts per day I shudder to think how many will be posted by the time I return.
So from one ignor(e)amus to another. Bye Bye! http://www.ubeaut.biz/sulkoff.gif

AlexS
21st May 2004, 04:57 PM
Have a good holiday John, and remember, growing old may not be fun, but it sure beats the alternative.

Eastie
21st May 2004, 05:48 PM
John,
Just as well I’ll be ignoring you as I don’t want to know how nice the weather is, how big the fish are and how they don’t stop biting, how the water is invitingly warm, how the outback is just so lovely in flower after a couple of drops of rain, how the temperatures a bit cool in the evenings when it drops to about 16 degrees, …, …

You’re definitely on my ignore list now :D

I hope you have more fun than you could possibly poke a stick at.
Best wishes,
Mark