PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Stuff

dottieweak
3rd February 2009, 03:18 AM

95528G'day everyone, I'm new to this sight so forgive any mistakes I might make. Recently both of my parents passed away. My father was a mister fix it all and some of his toold were quite old. I do not want to part with them as they are all I have, but am interested is their actual age and worth. I thougth you might be of some help. I have attached some pictures. On the tap and die set you bill see the boxes have metal edges and bits are laid in wood. I have the entire set of all sizes. On the Die grinder bits the box is wood with see though top. It's lovely to be able to be able to converse with people so far away. Thank you in advance for any help or direction you might be able to give me. Dottie Weakland My e-mail address is [email protected]

Quasimodo
3rd February 2009, 04:35 PM
Nice old tools but almost certainly all date post WW2. The taps and the rotary burrs would probably be the most valuable whereas the drill sharpening jigs are often seen on ebay. If the taps are marked HSS for High Speed Steel, they may be worth more than carbon steel taps.

I would recommend you search ebay and google their descriptions for other similar items to get an idea of local prices.

dottieweak
3rd February 2009, 11:54 PM
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I will take your advise and go to ebay. Dottie