PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to see some really good toys

AUSSIE
3rd February 2009, 11:33 AM
Do you want to see some really good toys.We have a new member from my home town.WAYNNICKO .I have PM'd him to see if he will put his cars on the toy site
At the moment they are under wood pics in generel woodworking:2tsup::o
Aussie

scotty60
3rd February 2009, 07:45 PM
cant find, you got link
cheers

AUSSIE
3rd February 2009, 08:07 PM
cant find, you got link
cheers
He hasn't answered yet,but here goes.
clik HERE (http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww78/waynnicko/)

scotty60
3rd February 2009, 08:21 PM
cheers, great models, what detail :repplus:

AUSSIE
3rd February 2009, 08:33 PM
Got that V8 Hemi reved up Scotty:2tsup:

scotty60
3rd February 2009, 08:52 PM
yeh got another 3 underway

powderpost
3rd February 2009, 09:11 PM
Beautiful models...
Jim

LiliB
5th February 2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Ross

These are exceptional work. Makes our truck look positively primitive. I was so intrigued as to how he made a lot of these mechanical pieces. Just the technical problem of producing such intricate work. He must certainly have mechanical drawings to work from, or the real thing.

I'm dying to show David. He will appreciate just what marvellous work this is. Being of a mechanical background, he can appreciate the achievement. The spokes on the bike wheel are the most intriguing thing I've seen. I know we have been debating on how to produce wheels like this for our Jag sports, and he's done, and done it well.

Thanks for sharing. Most enjoyable. Hope the gent joins the forum. He'd be a wonderful new member. And of course, I'm dying to pick his brain.

Cheers
LiliB
:U:U:U

AUSSIE
5th February 2009, 04:18 PM
Hi Ross

These are exceptional work. Makes our truck look positively primitive. ----..........-------l.

Thanks for sharing. Most enjoyable. Hope the gent joins the forum. He'd be a wonderful new member. And of course, I'm dying to pick his brain.

Cheers
LiliB
I am hoping also Lili.I haven't had a PM from him yetHere is hoping.:2tsup:
Aussie

LiliB
5th February 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi Ross

After viewing the models at close range with Dave, I have come to the conclusion, that I think they're kits. The minor detail is so strong, and with things like nuts and bolts, exhaust hangers, and sundry other parts of the mechanical background, it would take a 'lifetime' to hand make so many parts.

AND, they don't give any impression of variability, which is natural when you are making a number of pieces by hand. The exhaust pipe, and the pipes on the bikes, alone, would be a nightmare to shape, and they're picture perfect.

The lines are 100% straight, even when curved, and the spokes in the wheels of the bikes would be a bigger nightmare to drill and fix into place.

Not that that should make any difference in terms of how we enjoy the finished product, it's beautiful. It's just that I don't think it's handmade. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will tell me pretty darn quickly!!!

Cheers
LiliB

AUSSIE
5th February 2009, 09:08 PM
I think the cars are wood allright,I am not sure how some of the parts are made but I cold make the nuts etc OK. Just a bit of time making the internal hex die for it then punching the dowelling through.The parting it off into nuts Makbe you would need a Jewlers metal lathe to do the turning.I dont have any troubles turning very small parts.
The timber is Oregon and has a coarse grain I have made a few boxes with it and it is easy to work and looks great ,I think.But being so soft I wouldnt have used it for a car.Very easily damaged.and tends to ooz resin.
Look I hope that Waynnicko comes on board.However he did these models we dont know,we can learn a lot more than we know..I love them:2tsup:
Aussie

munruben
5th February 2009, 11:05 PM
Great models. Terrific work.

AUSSIE
5th February 2009, 11:07 PM
Great models. Terrific work.
Its a bit late for us old farts.We should be in bed.:D

Billy
9th February 2009, 02:05 PM
WOW, what detail! love the FJ!
im inspired
billy

AUSSIE
28th February 2009, 10:10 PM
Hi Ross

After viewing the models at close range with Dave, I have come to the conclusion, that I think they're kits. The minor detail is so strong, and with things like nuts and bolts, exhaust hangers, and sundry other parts of the mechanical background, it would take a 'lifetime' to hand make so many parts.

AND, they don't give any impression of variability, which is natural when you are making a number of pieces by hand. The exhaust pipe, and the pipes on the bikes, alone, would be a nightmare to shape, and they're picture perfect.

The lines are 100% straight, even when curved, and the spokes in the wheels of the bikes would be a bigger nightmare to drill and fix into place.

Not that that should make any difference in terms of how we enjoy the finished product, it's beautiful. It's just that I don't think it's handmade. I may be wrong, and I'm sure someone will tell me pretty darn quickly!!!

Cheers
LiliB
I have seen the cars in person now.They are all hand made.They are unbelievable.
8 months work in one model.I picked up a lot of hints and hope to be able to use them.
Wayne is a magician with tools.He only has all the usual tools and no fancy or secret gadgets.
It is all skill.I also saw the reject box of bits that didn't come upto scratch.
Wayne has won many prizes.
I had a wonderful time at his place.I thought it was Christmas all over again.
Thanks Wayne for a great afternoon
Aussie:2tsup:

Billy
1st March 2009, 11:11 AM
Hi Aussie, I hope your mate comes on board, I reckon those models are the best I've seen. You mentioned he's in general woodworking, any link to what hes working on there or is it his cars etc?:)
cheers
billy

sawdust sawdust everywhere:U

LiliB
1st March 2009, 02:20 PM
Hi Aussie
I guess for all of us who aspire to model building, we've now got a new benchmark to aspire to. His work is absolutely stunning, and I'd love to meet him. I have so many questions, and would love to see the models in the flesh. Wayne must have some marvellous woodworking technique, since his work is so accurate and careful.

I hope he comes into the Forum, however, since he's already reached such a high level of technique, perhaps the relationships would be too one-sided, with all of us wanting to learn from him, and he getting little else but perhaps satisfaction at having his work reach a wider forum. The other thing that often comes into being part of the forum, of course, is time and inclination. If a single piece of model building takes months, then perhaps time is too precious to spend on a computer.

Anyhow, here's hoping he shares his workmanship with us.

Have been quiet for a while now, having had my precious computer crash. It's nice to get my toy back.

Cheers
LiliB

AUSSIE
1st March 2009, 04:10 PM
]Lilli Remember when we were talking about having the doors hinged ,and trying to work out how to do it.
Well this is Wayne's first model.The bonnet is fully hinged .4 moving panels as in real car.:o
Lili you could plead with Wayne He left his email address elsewhere on the forum
Here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=886243#post886243) post #5 just noticed it has .au on it. just make it .com and forget the .au
The doors are also hinged.It is hard to believe isn't it?:2tsup:
waynnicko (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/member.php?u=36244)
AUSSIE

AUSSIE
3rd March 2009, 08:28 PM
]Lilli Remember when we were talking about having the doors hinged ,and trying to work out how to do it.
Well this is Wayne's first model.The bonnet is fully hinged .4 moving panels as in real car.:o
Lili you could plead with Wayne He left his email address elsewhere on the forum
Here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=886243#post886243) post #5 just noticed it has .au on it. just make it .com and forget the .au
The doors are also hinged.It is hard to believe isn't it?:2tsup:
waynnicko (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/member.php?u=36244)
AUSSIE

OK I made a mistake.:doh: Waynes email address was taken off the post above.For good reasons >Luckily it was wrong,so he wouldnt get heaps of junk mail.:oo:
Lili you could use a PM to contact Wayne.

Waldo
3rd March 2009, 08:35 PM
Core blimey! :tongueroll:

artme
5th March 2009, 09:50 AM
:o:o:o:o Absolutely stunning!!!! :brava:brava:brava