PDA

View Full Version : big marri slab

david devine
3rd February 2009, 11:57 AM
Hello all
I was just wondering if any of you, more experienced timber millers might be able to give me a rough idea what a W.A marri slab might be worth to sell .
It is 1200 wide4200long 60mm thick,is nice and straight but has only been drying for about six months.The grain pattern is nice but nothing out of the ordinary .
I have been slabbing timber for a little while but havent tried to sell any as yet.
Any input greatly apreciated.

Love this forum

jafarut
25th March 2009, 11:53 AM
Hello all
I was just wondering if any of you, more experienced timber millers might be able to give me a rough idea what a W.A marri slab might be worth to sell .
It is 1200 wide4200long 60mm thick,is nice and straight but has only been drying for about six months.The grain pattern is nice but nothing out of the ordinary .
I have been slabbing timber for a little while but havent tried to sell any as yet.

Love this forum
Do you still have the slab of Marri

david devine
28th March 2009, 04:33 PM
hi jafarut.
yes we still have several large slabs

Johncs
1st April 2009, 12:39 AM
Hello all
Love this forum

Depends. A lot less this March than last, I suspect. I attended an auction last weekend at Witchcliffe where I bought some Tuart (two lots), some (Tassie) Bluegum and a Jarrah beam 350x100x2500 or so. The ute (Navara 1t) was fair sagging at the rear, and the cost a little over $800. The Jarrah was $100.

there were lots of slabs of Tuart, Marri and Jarrah, I don't think many were over $300. A lot were passed in. I don't think the vendor was especially happy.

I look at what I got for my money, and I consider what a few scraps of Australian Oak for two end tables cost, and I count it a bargain.

david devine
1st April 2009, 04:09 PM
Hi johncs.
I went to the calm auction early march and the prices were a fair bit down compared to there previous auction.

thanx dave.