PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Brisbane with spare wood?

ElizaLeahy
4th February 2009, 11:40 AM
Small bits, I have a mini lathe I could swap it for money... or art supplies (oil paints, pastels, coloured pencils, scratchboard kits). Don't have wood to swap yet, too new!

robyn2839
4th February 2009, 07:56 PM
what sizes are you after i have plenty of wood in many speciessend me a pm with address.........bob

Enfield Guy
16th February 2009, 07:13 PM
I often have offcuts of Qld walnut and silky oak that you would be welcome to. What dimensions are you looking for.
Bevan

ElizaLeahy
16th February 2009, 07:30 PM
I often have offcuts of Qld walnut and silky oak that you would be welcome to. What dimensions are you looking for.
Bevan

Hello Bevan

I haven't tried Qld Walnut yet! I'm after small thin bits, I make hair sticks. 8 inches long, but thin, like a penblank. Or even 5 inches long, now that I know how to join pieces together!

Enfield Guy
16th February 2009, 09:20 PM
I think I can help you. PM me. We can exchange details if you like.

Bevan

44Ronin
17th February 2009, 12:40 AM
Eliza,

I have heaps of old drumsticks that are no longer in playing condition.

Some from U.S hickory, most from U.S hard maple. Sticks are 16" long and about 15mm diameter. I figure they either go into the bin or get recycled and put to a good use by someone.

It's premium quality wood that had been kiln dried prior to being turned into drumsticks. I'd love to give them away as freebies.

If you want them, send me a PM with your details and I'll post them to you.

I'll be really happy if they're put to a good use. :)

mickelmaster
25th February 2009, 07:09 AM
Clicky (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=89928&highlight=silky+oak) David Henderson has some silky oak logs, their quite big but im sure you can get someone to cut them down for you.

ElizaLeahy
25th February 2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks! Not sure I have room to store greenwood (I know I don't!) but I've emailed him with the number of the woodworkers club.

derekh
25th February 2009, 11:37 AM
I emailed David regarding the Silky Oak logs earlier in the week and plan to collect them this weekend. I'm happy to split the spoils with you and the club if you wish. I also have some timber from Bob (Robyn2839) I could share as well.

ElizaLeahy
25th February 2009, 12:03 PM
I'm always on the lookout for wood. Naturally :)