PDA

View Full Version : Bathtub Curtain Rail

silentC
18th May 2004, 04:37 PM
I have a desire to put a shower curtain around my bathtub. I've seen the result of the standard set up and I'm hoping to find something a bit better.

I was visiting my Mother in Law in hospital the other day (hip replacement) and couldn't help noticing the setup they had there for curtains around the bed.

What it needs is a hook that slides inside a track so that you can attach supports along the top (between the top of the rail and the ceiling) without interfering with the travel of the curtain. The track has to be curved around in a 90 deg. return so the curtain wraps around the perimeter of the tub.

Does anybody know where you can get these tracks/runners from and what they are called?

Bert
18th May 2004, 04:51 PM
Try this link.

Hope it is what you are after

http://www.silentgliss.com.au/hand/hand1200.htm

silentC
18th May 2004, 04:56 PM
Bert,

That's certainly the type of thing I'm after. I just need to find out if it can be suspended from the ceiling (rather than fixed to the ceiling if you get my drift).

Thanks for the link :)

Cheers,
Darren

Bert
18th May 2004, 05:00 PM
This will be the go for you.

http://www.silentgliss.com.au/room/index.htm :)

silentC
18th May 2004, 05:05 PM
That's the one. I gave them a ring and the sales guy gave me the run down.

Problem solved, if only they were all that easy...

Thanks again :)

Bert
18th May 2004, 05:14 PM
Glad i could help.

Cheers

Rusty Hull
19th May 2004, 12:22 AM
SilentC

I had the same experience as you with my shower rail which I have installed.
I first saw one in a hospital when I went to visit a friend. It is the type you have described, but mine has 2 approximate 45 degree bends and as you say the hooks run inside the track and the hangers do not interfer with the travel of the curtin, and they do look much better than the old chrome tube which has been around for 100 years.

The track is about 1700mm long with 2 approximate 45 degree bends, it came with a hanger rod 300mm long and 2 end bracket to fasten it to the wall. The shower is in the corner of the bathroom, I think it cost me $70.00.

However I live in Perth, but all I did was look through the yellow pages and the first person I contacted had his business in his back yard and just happed to make curtin tracks for hospitals.

All you can do is ring around......

Cheers
Rusty.