PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Victa mower

Jeff@G
6th February 2009, 12:25 AM
Mum's finally decided the house is to big for her now that dad is gone, so she's sold it and is headed to a retirement village.
This has left me cleaning out the shed at my childhood home.
The biggest dilemma I have now is what to do with dad's old mower... It is a Victa Cortina II 2 stroke with a metal catcher, and I believe it's a 1967 model.
So I'm wondering who out there loves these machines? I've heard there are collectors who lavish much love on these things. I'd love to do that myself, but being realistic, I just don't have the time.
So does anyone know where I should look for a good home for this classic piece of 60's Australia?

Along the same lines, there are 2 old bicycles which I think are pre-wwII awaiting restoration out there. Anyone have suggestions about whom to contact about these?

I'll try post a couple of pictures over the weekend.
Cheers
Jeff.

Vernonv
6th February 2009, 10:13 AM
You could put them on ePay - you'd certainly get a bigger audience there and the chances of finding a collector are much higher.

damian
6th February 2009, 10:50 AM
Assuming you have an evilbay account do a search on what you've got and click "completed listings" to the left. That will show you final prices on the auction for the last few months.

Looks like someone paid $51 for one recently...

Jeff@G
6th February 2009, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the response lads.
I was kinda hoping to find a collector group or similar where I could be sure of these things going to a good home. But it's highly likely you are right & it'll all wind up on ebay.
Thanks again for your input.