PDA

View Full Version : 4WD camper draw and fridge slide (something different!!)

gregashton
6th February 2009, 11:39 PM
Hi everyone! Was looking at some interesting stuff on here and thought i would put this up for something different, I made it about 4 years ago cause i didn't want to pay the high cost of a premade one with a name! and desided to make it suit my needs aswell.

As you can see it is made from ply, i have rebated all the sides to the base and shelves in the draw (stopped rebates) and screwed it together with chip board screws with out gluing it though, its covered in marine carpet and the top edges have had aluminium angle put around for protection and decorative purposes, the draw itself is not on runners as i didnt want to lose size in height or width to maxamise all usability, there is a false wall at the back of the draw because i have shaped it to the back seat and when you tilt the seat forward it reveals a secret compartment for my jumper leads, compressor etc.

The draw face tilts forward for a small bench and to access the draw for utensils and the stove, you can see the hole in the side for the gas hose, the latches to hold the face up i made from scratch with some small springs, washers, steel rod and heavy duty sheet metal bent and fabricated to house it with a tab also to hold them in the open position for ease of operation, i also made the striker plates for them so it wouldnt tear the timber out whilst opening the draw!

The fridge slide has 4 peices ( 2 on the base and 2 under the slide) of 2x3 hard wood beams to mount the heavy duty runners i was given which were perfect for the job to! yeah well you get the jist, all in all was a great project and loved making it!!!:)

coffenup
7th February 2009, 07:08 AM
I like it gives me ideas:2tsup::2tsup:
Regards Michael

artme
8th February 2009, 06:58 AM
Now that is a great use of space! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: