PDA

View Full Version : Turned a mallet

munruben
9th February 2009, 11:09 AM
Don't know what the timber is. It was an odd piece from a building site where they were installing a banister and railing. It is segmented so it gives off quite a nice appearance. The finish is one coat of Ubeaut Shellawax.
It's about eleven and a half inches long or 29cms.

wheelinround
9th February 2009, 11:15 AM
Nice work John :2tsup:

clare
9th February 2009, 11:44 AM
Very sweet! Beautiful work. :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
9th February 2009, 01:02 PM
Good turning and nice finish John:2tsup:....now all you have to do is find something to bash!!!!! :U

artme
9th February 2009, 01:06 PM
Heard about it, now I've seen it!! Beauty Mr. Mayor!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Ad de Crom
9th February 2009, 08:33 PM
Nice mallet John, doesn't matter what kind of wood it is, it looks simply very nice.
Well excecuted too.
Ad :2tsup:

weisyboy
9th February 2009, 08:38 PM
looks briliant

id be carefill thosee segments dont fly off:?

AUSSIE
9th February 2009, 08:57 PM
Heard about it, now I've seen it!! Beauty Mr. Mayor!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
I heard about it as well.Looks very good John.I thought it was a vase when I first clicked on it
Like Carl I too-id be carefill thosee segments dont fly off:? :doh::D<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Skew ChiDAMN!!
9th February 2009, 08:59 PM
If segments fly off it, you're using it the wrong way... that's what I call the "peacemaker" variety of mallet. :D

munruben
9th February 2009, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys for your kind remarks.

munruben
9th February 2009, 10:24 PM
looks briliant

id be carefill thosee segments dont fly off:?Speaking from experience Carl? :)

AUSSIE
9th February 2009, 10:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing.Strange how that popped into our heads at the same time.:hpydans::hahaha::roflmao:

weisyboy
9th February 2009, 10:43 PM
well i do have a mallet with one lat side in my workshop.

but that was a crack in teh wood i didnt see. when i belted teh spur drive into a ironbark blake the peice flew off and got me in the shin.

munruben
10th February 2009, 05:39 PM
well i do have a mallet with one lat side in my workshop.

but that was a crack in teh wood i didnt see. when i belted teh spur drive into a ironbark blake the peice flew off and got me in the shin.Carl. I sometimes have to worry about you. :D

munruben
10th February 2009, 05:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing.Strange how that popped into our heads at the same time.:hpydans::hahaha::roflmao:Great minds think alike you know Ross.:D

weisyboy
10th February 2009, 06:16 PM
Carl. I sometimes have to worry about you. :D

awwww:C

Rookie
12th February 2009, 01:16 PM
Nice Shape. Nice finish. My bet is laminated Merbau. Chippy's in Ringwood sell lot's of it in 90x90 posts. I grabbed a bit one day to practice goblets. Turns up rough but sands and finishes okay? Does that sound like it John?