PDA

View Full Version : doodleing in the shed

BernieP
10th February 2009, 03:11 PM
G'Day All

Haven't been in the shed for awhile, so grabbed a hunk of camphor complete with crack and let it do the talking, or was it the wood genie? Anyway is about 200mm high and cork was turned attached first, then parted off.

Unfortunately hands have gotten slowly more shaky so pics a bit fuzzy. Note to self must get tripod.

Cheers
Bernie

bowl-basher
10th February 2009, 03:21 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
nice

munruben
10th February 2009, 03:31 PM
Nice work Bernie. Shaky hands, tell me about it, I have bought a camera with Digital Image Stabilizer setting on it so it takes a decent picture when the camera is not steady. Most of the new digital cameras have this setting. I bought a cheap Kodak one just for taking pics to post on the forum and its quite good. Cost around $70

joe greiner
10th February 2009, 10:40 PM
"Doodling" = good addition to the skills set.

Without Digital Image Stabilizer, tripod plus self-timer can produce perfect pictures. Most cameras, including real film, have/had self-timers to let vibrations settle before exposure.

Nice turning, BTW.

Cheers,
Joe

artme
10th February 2009, 10:58 PM
Nice doodling!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Just wondering what the flow of the shape would be without the abrupt juncture as deliniated by the groove.

Ed Reiss
11th February 2009, 12:59 AM
I agree with Artme about the flow...however, it's a real nice vase Doodling:2tsup:

Rum Pig
11th February 2009, 08:51 AM
Nice I wish I could doodle as good as that:2tsup::2tsup:

ElizaLeahy
11th February 2009, 10:30 AM
That's a very pretty Doodle!!! Lovely piece of Camphor too - and I like the dotty thing in the top. :)

BernieP
11th February 2009, 11:21 AM
G'Day All

Afraid the camera has Digital Image Stabilizer :~ imagine what it would look like without it, like the idea about timer Joe, must try that. As to the flow originally didn't have abrupt abutment but looked like I had used too much 60 grade sandpaper, so as its semi hollow screwed it onto the head spindle and broke the flow:no: Thanks for comments

Cheers
Bernie

Sawdust Maker
11th February 2009, 07:59 PM
Bernie
nice work :2tsup:

You don't necessarily need a tripod, fill a sock full of sand and rest the camera on that - then you can use the self timer, if you wish
you could even use sawdust in the sock, useful use of the byproduct!

BernieP
11th February 2009, 09:08 PM
G'Day Nick

Went and bought a mini tripod today, wish I'd read your thread first great idea.

Cheers
Bernie

Sawdust Maker
13th February 2009, 03:45 PM
bummer