PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon casting

dj_pnevans
10th February 2009, 05:11 PM
This is my first go at ribbon casting I call it my space pen. Wet sand and hit with brasso. I do have 3 more with the same color ribbon but with different color blanks will do later and post them.
Any feed back welcome.
David

bdar
10th February 2009, 09:44 PM
This blank reminds me of an old friend departed. It has the beginnings of an eaglised touch. I like what you have done and look forward to see the others when completed

BoomerangInfo
10th February 2009, 10:49 PM
Hey David,

Not bad. So you just did the one ribbon? It looks pretty thick too. Did you fold it by hand, or form it on mould?

I did a semi-ribbon blank once, but I never completed the pen. Wonder what happened to the blank???

Russell.

artme
10th February 2009, 11:05 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

dj_pnevans
11th February 2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks guys. Russell I folded it buy hand it was still a bit sticky. I found it was a bit hard to do as it was only one blank, I have now made a master mold for when I get my silicone in.
David

BoomerangInfo
11th February 2009, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys. Russell I folded it buy hand it was still a bit sticky. I found it was a bit hard to do as it was only one blank, I have now made a master mold for when I get my silicone in.
David

Yes, I use my 4-blank mould when doing complicated stuff. Just too little room to manipulate a single blank. if you try you usually end up with more resin on you & the table than in the mould.

Russell.

munruben
11th February 2009, 10:01 PM
Nice work :2tsup::2tsup: