PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting

colbra
20th May 2004, 04:58 PM
On Tuesday, March 23, 2004 I received notification that goods I purchased from Rockler Woodworking and Hardware had been processed and should arrive within 4 to 6 weeks, today the 19th March I sent the following message to Rockler

Getting concerned order still has not arrived it is now 8 weeks since it was processed to go to post at your end could you please look into
Regards Colin
And received this answer back

Thank you for your email. Parcel Post Surface delivery is now taking appx 3 months plus for delivery. As long as we have the shipping address correct, the package should get to you. Please verify your shipping address is supposed to be the following:

The shipping address was correct
I have not brought a lot from America. Is the above a fairly standard time to wait for goods being sent by surface post from America, three month seems a long time to get to Australia is anyone else waiting this long for goods
Regards Colbra

joez
20th May 2004, 05:10 PM
Colbra,

I have bought stuff from overseas a couple of dozen times. In most cases they turn up in about 3 weeks. I have on two occasions waited 10+ weeks.

Just wait a couple more weeks before taking any further action.
:)

Joe

colbra
20th May 2004, 05:16 PM
Ok thanks Joe regards Col

kenmil
20th May 2004, 05:19 PM
I buy from the USA regularly and I usually opt for airmail parcel post as it takes about 7-10 days, however I have recently had two rather heavy parcels sent by surface mail, and the first of these took 11 weeks, and I am still waiting for the other. It seems that surface mail is taking a long time at the moment.

derekcohen
20th May 2004, 05:24 PM
USPS Global Priority Mail is best for small parcels, say about the size of a couple of chisels. This will cost $9 - $11 USD and take about 7 days. For large parcels that go Surface Mail, I have usually had to wait 12 weeks.

Regards from Perth

Derek